Are you planning for an international vacation with your little ones? For most of us, the idea of flying with kids is the biggest cause of stress. The very prospect of keeping your children seated, quiet, and happy for hours and while on move can be quite difficult. All you need is a bit of careful organisation and trip planning according to your kids needs so that you can keep everyone in a better mood.
Here are few helpful tips for making travel with infants easier and not a dreaded experience if you follow these travel tips.
- Allow your kids to select a destination he/she wants to visit if your child is young enough to do so. Otherwise try and choose kids-friendly destinations that boasts of exclusive kids zone, kids clubs, pools and adventurous facilities.
- At the day of journey, make sure to reach the airport early since its a time consuming process to get through the airport security checks.
- Make sure to pack all your essential itinerary and a map of your destination in your hand bag
- Carry special travelling toys when you need to survive long flights. Things like coloured pencils, sticker books, and a book of games can also be very helpful to keep your little ones occupied for quite some long time.
- Pack all essential items like weather appropriate clothing for your kid, diapers, wet wipes, snacks, a stroller and few favourite things of your children. So before packing your toddlers bag, make a checklist of packing things in advance, so you don’t miss out on anything important.
- Ensure to bring your own prescription medicines for fever, cough and allergies along with a first-aid kit for emergencies that might happen during travelling.
- Ask your travelling partner to go ahead and pack away cabin baggage on the plane.
- Try to board the plane last so that the kids don’t panic seeing the confined space for longer time.
- You can also hire a babysitter throughout the vacation or for just one day but make sure to spend quality time with your little ones as holidays are an opportunity to make beautiful memories.
- Ensure to search for an holiday rental unit or a serviced apartment on rent to stay in comfort with your family. Apartments are fully-furnished and are much spacious than hotel rooms. Your kids can also play in the open space and without disturbing anyone.
- Before leaving , make a rough schedule for each day, which is flexible enough to take in the unexpected experiences. This will help you plan several activities for your child accordingly with ease.
Travelling with a little ones might require little organisation and planning, but it is all worth it in the end. Plan in that way that your family experience should be worth remembering for all the right reasons!
About the Author
I am Pradeep, an avid traveller and blogger. Exploring new places and sharing my experiences with people is my passion. I am currently working as a blogger for Ratedapartments – serviced apartments providers specifically dealing in major cities of the world such as London, Paris, New York, New Delhi and Singapore.