Croatia, Monday Morning Photos

Monday Morning Series: The Beauty of Plitvice Lakes National Park

I discovered Plitvice Lakes National Park while doing research for my 2 weeks in Croatia last August.  I knew I wanted to stay over night – the park is so big, I wanted 2 days to explore – and the decision was the right one for me.  What I was not prepared for was how stunning it was.  Photos do not do the park justice – it is one of those things you need to see for yourself!

The natural beauty of Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia

I’d say it was well worth the effort!  What do you think?

Happy Monday

Related Links:

22 thoughts on “Monday Morning Series: The Beauty of Plitvice Lakes National Park

1. Next time, just like Krka for you!

Posted by Michael Doran | July 8, 2013, 5:08 pm
  2. The photo is stunning, so I could only imagine what it looks like in person. Putting it on the bucket list :)

Posted by Annette | July 8, 2013, 7:46 pm
  3. I was there a few years ago. The lakes were breathtaking and definitely worth a revisit. :-)

Posted by outforalonglunch | July 9, 2013, 8:49 am
  4. I have seen many pictures of Plitvice Lakes and each one is more beautiful than the one before. This photo falls into that same mold. How is the swimming here. The water looks so clear and inviting.

Posted by Traveling Ted (@travelingted) | July 11, 2013, 7:15 am
    • I understand that you could swim at Plitvice in the past, but that is no longer the case. It was tough as it was so tempting. I would have loved to have dived into that water, especially as the August heat was so intense. I did see a place where people could rent row boats, but opted out as I was solo. I believe you can swim at Krka National Park.

Posted by Anita Mac | July 11, 2013, 9:29 am
  5. I only made it to Dubrovnik when I visited Croatia, and I really wished I was able to see the Plitvice National Park. However, that’s why people return to previous destinations! To experience what they missed out on before! :D

Posted by Jodi | July 11, 2013, 9:48 am
    • You nailed it Jodi – there is always more to see when you love a destination. Dubrovnik was fabulous, but when you go back, you really must try to make it to the park. I know you won’t be disappointed.

Posted by Anita Mac | July 11, 2013, 3:13 pm
  6. I definitely want to go back to Europe to go to Croatia.. and see this!

Posted by Kieu ~ GQ trippin | July 12, 2013, 2:02 am
  7. Beautiful! Croatia is one of my favorite places in the world, and where my grandfather was born – lucky me! :) Still I haven’t made it to this part…yet. Though it is seriously calling my name! :)

Posted by The World Wanderer (@TheWrldWanderer) | July 12, 2013, 11:26 am
  8. Just love the colour of that water!

Posted by Lucy Dodsworth | July 12, 2013, 2:47 pm
  9. Visiting Plitvice and Krka are must-sees the next time we’re in Croatia, as we heard rave reviews from both locals and foreign visitors. I didn’t realize you could stay there. Sounds like a good approach so that you can take it all in.

Posted by Tricia A. Mitchell | July 14, 2013, 1:38 pm
    • It really is Tricia – the park is really too big for one day! I had loads of time to wander through all of it and not feel rushed. Given that I was there in August (peak season), you really can’t rush. At times these was wall to wall people – you could only shuffle along! Normally not a fan of crowds like that, but a small price to pay for enjoying the natural beauty!

Posted by Anita Mac | July 15, 2013, 8:09 am
  10. Gorgeous! The colors are beautiful!

Posted by lola dimarco | July 14, 2013, 11:01 pm
  11. Need to go back to Croatia!!

Posted by Ana Silva O'Reilly (@mrsoaroundworld) | July 15, 2013, 5:46 am