travel

Welcome to Summer – a photo essay from Canada’s Capital Region

Summer is here and what better way to commemorate the season than with a photo essay from Canada’s National Capital Region.

Parliament Hill, Canada

The pomp and pageantry of Parliament Hill (Related Link: Canada Day on Parliament Hill)

Canada Day, Ottawa

Canada Day Celebrations and Fireworks on Parliament Hill

Maman outside the National Art Gallery

Maman, the giant spider outside The National Gallery of Canada

Rent a BIXI Bike in Ottawa

Hop on a BIXI Bike and tour the city

rent-a-bike Ottawa

Rent-a-Bike and ride the 180+ kms of shared recreation/bike paths

Inukshuck installation along the Ottawa River

Inukshuks along the Ottawa River Parkway (Related Link: Live the Photo: Inukshuks on the Ottawa River Parkway)

Related links:

9 thoughts on “Welcome to Summer – a photo essay from Canada’s Capital Region

1. Great Post – Loving Your Captures:) Happy Friday – Happy Weekend!

Posted by cravesadventure | June 21, 2013, 2:36 pm
  2. Terrific shots, Anita. I like the variety of your images and the enthusiasm in which you present them. It sounds like you had a grand time of it! We missed Ottawa the last time we went to Canada…Quebec City was our destination. We’ll make a point of visiting this area the next time we head north.

Posted by Michael Doran | June 21, 2013, 2:56 pm
    • Quebec City is a fabulous destination Michael – I love going there. You will have to check out Ottawa next time – it is a beautiful city and has so much to offer! My photos barely skimmed the surface.

Posted by Anita Mac | June 21, 2013, 4:32 pm
  3. Interesting pictures! I like the guards; the reds are magnificent! I like the Inuit statues too. They’re supposed to make up the seven pillars of wisdom. Or so I hear…

Posted by spartacus2030 | June 21, 2013, 3:35 pm
    • Thanks Spartacus. I agree that the reds just leap off the page. I love watching the changing of the guard. I had not heard of the seven pillars of wisdom. Will have to look that one up! Thanks for the tip.

Posted by Anita Mac | June 21, 2013, 4:33 pm
  4. Reblogged this on The J1 Diary and commented:
    Many people like to travel to Canada as part of the J1 experience, take a look at this!

Posted by dearj1diary | June 24, 2013, 3:09 pm
  5. Anita, I’ve looked at your posts and photographs from your posts about Ottawa-Outaouais in the summer, and there’s an immediate result. I feel the call of the region, asking me to go back once again … ;-)

Posted by fotoeins | July 3, 2013, 1:34 pm

1. Pingback: Monday Morning Series: Happy Canada Day – 146 years and going strong | Travel Destination Bucket List - July 1, 2013