Adventure, Bucket List

Adrenaline Inspired Bucket List -for the Adrenaline Junkie in you

Adrenaline Inspired Bucket List Activities for the Adrenaline Junkie in You

Getting ready to rumble with Bear Claw Adventures

Getting ready to rumble with Bear Claw Adventures

Adrenaline junkie, sensation seekers, risk taker, thrill seeker … call it what you will….what ever the name, there is a little adrenaline junkie in everyone.  That moment when the fight or flight response gives way to that excitement induced high – that release that makes us feel like we can jump right out of our skins and boy, doesn’t it feel great!  You know what I am talking about.  What does it for you?  What makes your hairs stand on end with excitement and anticipation, makes your heart beat so hard you can feel it leaping out of your chest?

The Adrenaline Junky in me Bucket List

Abseilling – I have visions of abseiling in a stunning gorge in the Australian Outback (likely due to the fact that the first time I saw someone abseil, that is exactly what they were doing!!!)

ATV through the bush.  Let the power of a roaring engine rev up the excitement of the ride as man and machine manoeuvre over the landscape – mud, guts, glory!

Dog sledding – this has been on my bucket list for years and having finally experienced it for myself, I can safely say, it should be on yours too!  Had my first experience with Escapade-Eskimo and my heart basically stayed in my throat from the moment the dogs started running!  Can’t wait to try it again!  Have you tried dog sledding yet?

dog sledding experiences

Mountain biking – I have been an avid road rider for years, but somehow the unpredictability of mountain biking has kept me away.  Lately, I have been reading some of my fellow bloggers accounts of how they have embraced mountain biking and I feel ready to give it a go.

Parachuting out of airplane – feel the pull of the earth as you free fall through thin air!  Pretty sure a tandem jump counts on this one.

Paragliding – cruising on a glider, relying on the air currents to fly like an eagle through the sky.

Race a camel in the desert – I have no explanation as to why I want to do this, but somehow, racing a camel across the desert just feels like one of those travel moments that would never be forgotten!  Not sure how or where – but if it can be done – I’ll be there!

Rock climbing + rock climbing’s winter cousin: ice wall climbing – not for the faint of heart (or those with a fear of heights), the excitement of pushing the boundaries and scaling a wall

Shark dive – years ago, I swam with a grey nurse shark in Belize.  The adrenaline rush was huge and there was no danger.  Imagine the thrill of taking that swim to the next level …. out of this world excitement!

Surfing a sand dune – I first saw people do this on the sand dunes of Kangaroo Island and I know I have to give it a go.  Will my lack of balance be as big a hinderance as I fear?  Not sure but will have fun trying.

White water rafting – it’s man vs nature as your raft tackles all that mother nature can throw at you on the water.

Queenstown White Water Rafting

Ziplining – will I be able to put my faith in the cables and pulleys as I soar across the treetops?  I don’t know, but with a push and a shove, I know I can do it!!!  Will need a little help to cheer me on (it’s amazing what peer pressure can do!)

Distinctly missing from my list – the bungee jump!  I know, it is wildly popular and may well one of the ultimate adrenaline junkie experiences, but it is not for me!  What can I say, I know my limits!

Related Links:

22 thoughts on “Adrenaline Inspired Bucket List -for the Adrenaline Junkie in you

1. Racing a camel looks hilarious!

Posted by teaforteri | June 12, 2013, 9:40 am
  2. Anita, have a go at mountain biking, you’ll not regret it. I’ve heard the tracks are fantastic in Canada. I don’t do anything extreme and it’s still a buzz. Thanks for sharing the abseiling clip.

Posted by Tracey | Chronic Adventures | June 12, 2013, 10:09 am
  3. This is a great list that made me realize that I need to get a move on on my own adrenalin section of the bucket list. I have only done four of these, but would like to do them all too, especially dog sledding!

Posted by Annette | June 12, 2013, 10:17 am
    • Love it Annette – I knew you would be up for this! You will have to try the dog sledding. Be sure to go on one that lasts a few hours so that you get the real feel for it! Find yourself in Ottawa next winter – I can certainly vouch for Escapade Eskimo. Had a blast!

Posted by Anita Mac | June 12, 2013, 12:46 pm
  4. I went cage diving with Great White Sharks in “shark alley” in South Africa in December. It was amazing. I want to go tubing on the Elora gorge, some parts look a little intimidating. Also paragliding, kitesurfing and parasailing and edgewalk in Toronto.

Posted by Andrea Rees | June 12, 2013, 1:16 pm
  5. Oh my goodness. Camel racing. YES.

I’ve done ziplining a few times, and despite my love for other adrenaline-inducing activities, it terrifies me. Skying, bungee jumping, rafting, etc…no problem. But ziplining? Sort of freaks me out. I think its the noise as you soar across the cable – and hand breaking with leather gloves. I once had a glove with a hole in it. So freaky.

Posted by Megan | June 13, 2013, 12:47 am
    • I am dying to try ziplining, but am sure it will terrify me too! Surprised that ziplining terrifies you and bungee does not! May have to start with the beginner course – ease my way into it! Will watch out for those gloves with holes in them. Don’t think I would be too happy about that!

Posted by Anita Mac | June 20, 2013, 11:00 am
  6. Perfection. High five, round of applause, encore! I LOVE this list Anita! :) Definitely a bucket list for the ol’ adrenaline junkie!!

Posted by reclaimingmyfuture | June 13, 2013, 4:35 pm
  7. We can only dream of dog sledding in California!

Posted by Gerard ~ GQ trippin | June 26, 2013, 2:45 am
  8. Anita, you are RAD!!!!
    One of the next big things I want to do is free solo rock climbing in Thailand. I live in Boulder, CO right now and am pretty hardcore into it, and want to take my new sport abroad with me next time!
    But honestly, literally every last little (well big in this case!) thing on your list is on my list.
    ROCK ON GIRL!
    – Lauren (@outdoor_minded)

Posted by Lauren Rains | June 26, 2013, 3:29 pm
  9. Great list & I totally get the bungee jump thing. I don’t like the idea of my body being flung about like a rag doll. A skydive though, now that’s a serious adrenaline rush! A whole minute free falling towards the ground, going through clouds & feeling completely free. Believe it or not its also quite relaxing coming down to land. You’ll love it!

Posted by Fiona Heeley | July 1, 2013, 8:47 am
  10. Yes, yes, yes! Hello fellow bad ass! Many of these adventures are on my list too. I just need to stop being a wuss and get ‘em done!

Posted by Elle | July 20, 2013, 3:59 pm

1. Pingback: What’s a Bucket List? | The Appletizer - July 12, 2013

2. Pingback: Monday Morning Series: Kite Surfing in Mallorca | Travel Destination Bucket List - July 15, 2013