France, Monday Morning Photos

Monday Morning Series: The Power of the Sea

I am drawn to the sea and the power of the waves as they crash upon the shore, their constant motion mesmerizing.  I stood with the crowd, watching, waiting as the tide came in and the mighty Atlantic pounded the walkway in Biarritz, France.  It was a sight to see.  You could feel the power from your feet up as they pounded against the man made structure, soaking those that tempted the sea by crossing before it was time!

Power of the Sea Biarritz

“We are tied to the ocean.  And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch – we are going back from whence we came.” – JFK

Happy Monday Morning.

Related Links:

13 thoughts on “Monday Morning Series: The Power of the Sea

1. Super cool!

Be careful you don’t get washed away! n_n

Posted by Cameron Ohara | June 10, 2013, 1:44 pm
  2. Great picture – you can see the energy of the water!

Posted by megtraveling | June 10, 2013, 3:33 pm
  3. Cool Picture! Love Biarritz :-)

Posted by katiewanderlust | June 11, 2013, 3:46 pm
  4. Did your camera get wet? How did you protect it? :)

Posted by Bashar A. | June 11, 2013, 6:08 pm
    • No cameras were harmed in the shooting of this shot!!! I watched the waves crash for a while – there is always a pattern of highs and lows. After I grabbed a few photos, I tucked my camera in the camera bag and ran across. Not even a splash hit my trusty camera!

Posted by Anita Mac | June 11, 2013, 8:43 pm
  5. Beautiful picture! It looks peaceful despite the rush of waves! Oh the beach!

Posted by Lola DiMarco | June 12, 2013, 11:38 am
  6. Such beautiful words to accompany an incredible picture! Nicely done!

Posted by Francesca Folinazzo Mazurkiewicz | June 12, 2013, 1:06 pm
  7. Stunning photo, Anita!

Posted by Leah Travels (@L_e_a_h) | June 25, 2013, 4:43 pm