Adventure, Canada, TBEX

TBEX Toronto Bucket List

Heading to TBEX Toronto – my TBEX Bucket List

With less than a week to go before TBEX, I can’t tell you how excited I am to be going to my first blogger conference!  So many people to meet, so much to learn….I can hardly keep up!  There will be over 1,200 bloggers, many new like me, and many seasoned veterans!  It will be an event to remember.

TBEX Toronto

So, what’s on my TBEX Bucket List?

Exploring Toronto!

Even though I have spent most of my life within 5 hours of one of Canada’s biggest cities, I have spent very little time actually in Toronto!  There is so much to see and do in town – I am looking forward to my first ever city segway tour and for something a little different – a graffiti tour!  Street art is becoming so much more of an artistic statement – I am interested to see where they take us.  Will we see the street art used in the Rick Mercer Report?

Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram for a photo tour of Toronto and the Canadian Wilderness experience I will be exploring pre-TBEX.

Experiencing the Quintessential Canadian Wilderness just 2 hours north of Toronto!

Hard to imagine there is so much natural and rugged beauty so close to a major centre – I’ll be heading to Muskoka, Algonquin Park and Georgian Bay on a whirlwind of outdoor adventures!

• Muskoka Outfitters: have you ever tried SUP (stand up paddling)?  Muskoka Outfitters will be hosting a lucky group of bloggers, myself included, on a morning of SUP where I will try not to go for an unplanned swim!  Having tried it only once before – I am not sure that I will be staying dry!  In the afternoon, I will trade in the SUP board for a mountain bike where I will be playing in the legendary Buckwallow Cycling Centre in Gravenhurst!  No doubt I will be working up quite the appetite on this trip – it’s an adventure at every turn!
  • Algonquin Outfitters:  ever since I was a kid, I wanted to try my hand at canoeing in Algonquin Park – it is a trip that has eluded me all my life until now!  There is something so peaceful about gliding along the water, the call of the loon cutting through the air – it is such a Canadian thing to do!  While I only kayak now, we actually learned how to canoe in high school phys ed!  Will be time to freshen up on my J stroke!
  • White Squall Paddling Centre: another morning on the water – this time in a sea kayak.  Excited to be experiencing a new kayak destination with a morning on the sparkling blue waters of Georgian Bay.
  • Bear Claw Tours: move over self propelled, time to explore the Canadian Shield on the back of an ATV for an adventure I am sure I will never forget!  Looks like I am going to get dirty!

Networking

photo credit: www.athgo.org

photo credit: http://www.athgo.org

• I am so passionate about what I do – travel blogging is an exciting world with so many fantastic and energetic people who share my love for adventure, exploring new places and experiencing different cultures!  At my first travel meeting, the New York Times Travel Show, I met a number of fantastic travel bloggers who have become great friends.  A highlight of the trip will definitely include catching up with these amazing people.  They inspire me and challenge me to do more, be better and live life to the fullest – as Erin of The WorldWanderer once said – live life with no boundaries!
  • Lectures and workshops – TBEX isn’t all play – I am also here to improve what I do.  I couldn’t do this without you, my wonderful readers who keep Travel Destination Bucket List alive and vibrant with your comments and questions.  I will be attending a jam packed conference schedule that will keep me busy over the TBEX weekend.  So many talented travel bloggers and photographers will be doing talks and sharing their insight in the world of travel blogging.  The speaker list is quite impressive and the topics incredibly varied – I don’t even know where to begin!
  • Tourism Boards – I am very excited to be meeting representatives from a number of super exciting and bucket listable destinations.  I will be liaising with these people to bring you more from exciting destinations from around the world.  Stay tuned – there will be a lot more from this topic!

Jordan booth at the NYTimes Travel Show   www.traveldestinationbucketlist.com

Where will I be staying?

This will be my first time staying at a flip key property where I will be joining a merry band of travel bloggers.  How perfect – a townhouse complete with backyard patio – let the good times roll!

Flipkey properties It’s almost time for TBEX – time to kick the blog into overdrive!

Related Links:

Keeping it social:  Travel Destination Bucket List in Social Media – follow along for updates from TBEX and around the world!

32 thoughts on “TBEX Toronto Bucket List

1. Prepare for Awesome next Wednesday Anita.

Posted by Andrew Ryeland | May 24, 2013, 7:05 pm
  2. WOOO! So excited to meet you. Less than a week until the festivities begin!

Posted by Chris & Tawny (@CaptainandClark) | May 25, 2013, 1:38 pm
  3. That is awesome you will be heading up to Algonquin. I have canoed Quetico many times, but I have never made it to Algonquin. See you in less than a week.

Posted by Traveling Ted (@travelingted) | May 25, 2013, 10:29 pm
    • I am so excited to be heading to Algonquin – has been something that I have wanted to do for years! Given your love for adventure, I would have guessed that you would have been canoeing up there! See you in Toronto!

Posted by Anita Mac | May 25, 2013, 11:49 pm
  4. Sounds like you have a plan – cannot wait to hear more!

Posted by cravesadventure | May 26, 2013, 10:07 am
  5. Have a great time at TBEX!!!

Posted by ilivetotravel | May 26, 2013, 11:08 am
  6. Cannot wait to hang out next weekend! Thanks for the little shout out. xx

Posted by The World Wanderer (@TheWrldWanderer) | May 26, 2013, 4:22 pm
  7. Anita, I’ve been enjoying your pre-TBEX outdoor fun-times north of Toronto, before you head into Toronto. That’s quite the “appetizer”. :) I think you’re going to have a blast in Toronto!

Posted by fotoeins | May 26, 2013, 8:34 pm
  8. Have a fantastic trip (love the apartment!) and look forward to hearing how you find TBEX – I’ve managed to coincide trips with every blogger conference this year but hope to make it to one next year.

Posted by Lucy Dodsworth | May 27, 2013, 7:04 am
  9. Looks like you’re going to have an amazing time – love the sound of the street art tour, what a beautiful house too :)

Posted by TravelEdits (@travel_edits) | May 27, 2013, 6:28 pm
  10. I can’t wait to go to TBEX, Toronto, and Canada. One of the best parts is getting to see you!

Posted by Leah Travels (@L_e_a_h) | May 27, 2013, 9:11 pm
  11. I’m looking forward to having you along on my Graffiti in Toronto tour. And yes we take people where Rick Mercer does his rants on CBC. Here’s more info about the tour and a sneak peek at some of the art… http://www.tourguys.ca/#!graffiti-in-toronto/c17a5

Posted by Toronto Tour Guy (@toronto_tourguy) | May 27, 2013, 9:52 pm
  12. Have a wonderful time in Toronto! Looking forward to the photos (and the stories!!)

Posted by Ana Silva O'Reilly (@mrsoaroundworld) | May 28, 2013, 7:06 am
    • Thanks Ana. Part way through and having a ball. Not to worry – there will be loads of photos coming through! Sorry you can’t be here – maybe we can finally meet in person when I come to Dubliin! Always open for a side trip!

Posted by Anita Mac | May 31, 2013, 5:35 pm
  13. making amazing friends are a great perk of travel blogging! see you (very) soon!

Posted by lola dimarco | May 30, 2013, 10:34 pm
  14. Anita, I take it that TBEX was hugely successful. :-)

Posted by fotoeins | June 2, 2013, 8:22 pm
    • Oh Henry….it was a huge success! Met so many amazing people, networked with some fascinating destinations and learned so much about how to take my writing and blog to the next level! Even better – I found a new found appreciation for Toronto – a city so close to home that I never paid it much mind! Loved catching up with so many blogger friends that I have made on line. Also very cool for me to meet “stars” of the blogging world. So much for me to aspire to….yet so cool that I will be able to make my own personal stamp on it all! Loved the experience – will be doing it again! October in Dublin my friend!

Posted by Anita Mac | June 6, 2013, 9:56 am

1. Pingback: TDBL Roundup – May 2013 | Travel Destination Bucket List - May 31, 2013

2. Pingback: Monday Morning Series: Graffiti Message in Toronto | Travel Destination Bucket List - June 3, 2013

3. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Escape | Shutter bug - June 6, 2013

4. Pingback: Adventures with Explorers’ Edge – quintessentials of the Canadian wilderness | Travel Destination Bucket List - June 14, 2013

5. Pingback: Urban Art: The Graffiti SubCulture in Toronto | Travel Destination Bucket List - June 28, 2013