Gatineau Park, Kayaking, Monday Morning Photos

Monday Morning Series: Kayak Certification at Meech Lake

It’s that time of year again when I can’t wait to get out on the water!  Have been out a few times already, but the water it still too cold for a swim!

Learn to Kayak at Meech Lake

This photo was taken last year during a sunny weekend – perfect for a Kayak safety and certification course.  You never know when you will need to do an eskimo roll!

Happy Monday

Related Links:

17 thoughts on “Monday Morning Series: Kayak Certification at Meech Lake

1. how cool, i look forward to reading about your adventures )

Posted by ksbeth | May 20, 2013, 9:07 am
  2. The Canadian summer sounds perfect for Kayaking. Did you do any kayaking in Oz?

Posted by Tracey | May 20, 2013, 9:55 am
    • I first discovered kayaking in Australia. I would go down to the beach near Terrigal and watch people paddle out. While I never tried the open water, I later had a chance to kayak in the mangroves and instantly fell in love! We canoed in high school as part of our phys ed program, but it was really kayaking that captivated me! I am lucky to have a lot of amazing water ways close by to get out and paddle.

Posted by Anita Mac | May 20, 2013, 10:01 am
  3. It’s a workout and fun activity all wrapped up into one!! :) I hope it gets warm up there soon!

Posted by The Wife with Baggage | May 20, 2013, 7:19 pm
  4. Ahh, this makes me miss summers in Michigan! Kayaking in Colorado can still be tons of fun (with fantastic mountain views) but good bodies of water are a lot more difficult to come by out here.

Posted by Megan | May 21, 2013, 12:18 am
  5. When you come to San Diego and I do mean when… make sure you do the La Jolla Cove Kayak tour… haven’t done it myself but apparently its a lot of fun. Look for it on groupon well in advance of your trip and you’ll find some really good deals ~ $40/ 2 ppl.

Posted by Bashar A. | May 24, 2013, 5:49 pm
  6. I have only kayaked once in Maine and loved it. I’d love to try it again and more often – maybe you will give me ideas or maybe I can join you some time!

Posted by Raul (@ilivetotravel) | July 13, 2013, 3:28 pm
  7. Cute picture! It looks gorgeous there!

Posted by lola dimarco | July 14, 2013, 10:43 pm
    • Thanks. The couple I did the course with were fun and good sports as I tried to capture them going through the course! As for Meech Lake – it is gorgeous! I am spoilt to have this so close by!

Posted by Anita Mac | July 15, 2013, 7:50 am
  8. Looks like such a great day out!

Posted by Ana Silva O'Reilly (@mrsoaroundworld) | July 15, 2013, 5:41 am
  9. I need to get my butt out there and start kayaking! I only tried it once, and clearly that was not enough.

Posted by The World Wanderer (@TheWrldWanderer) | July 15, 2013, 10:32 am