Food, Germany

Photo Essay: Eating and Drinking in Germany

A week has come and gone in a flash….hard to believe I am making my way home so soon.  WIth such perfect weather, it was easy to spend time in the plaza, glass of rose in one hand, sunglasses and a smile on my face!

a few drinks Rose and pinot grigio

No shortages on the wine pour here!
The wine glass is always full

Town Square…..we really need these in Canada!Plaza in Bretton lunch - thanks Antonio tray of drinks

feast asparagus anyone?

I wined, I dined….I even kissed the cook!

Compliments to the chef at the Asparagus restaurant

Have a great weekend!

36 thoughts on “Photo Essay: Eating and Drinking in Germany

1. OMG – the eats and drink look so delicious!!! Thanks for sharing – Happy Friday – Happy Weekend:)

Posted by cravesadventure | April 19, 2013, 12:18 pm
  2. Your time there looks divine…wish I was there with you. Thanks for taking us on this journey.

Posted by Pride in Photos Photography | April 19, 2013, 12:47 pm
  3. Looks like a great time! Too bad it’s almost over :-/ Great photos!

Posted by f-stop mama | April 19, 2013, 1:10 pm
  4. yu…ummmmm. Looks delicious!

Posted by tracilee | April 19, 2013, 10:04 pm
  5. Great shots! Looks like good times and great food and bev too.

Posted by cyardin | April 20, 2013, 7:57 am
  6. Anita, looks like you had quite the whirlwind trip to Germany? Which spots did you make it to? See you also enjoyed Spargel (white asparagus). Yum!

Posted by Tricia A. Mitchell | April 21, 2013, 8:06 am
  7. It looks like a fabulous time. Love the wine and the white asparagus! :-)

Posted by catbirdinoman | April 22, 2013, 7:55 am
  8. You had me at eating.. and drinking. LOL. Although it looks like you went for Italian food more than German. Hehe

Posted by Kieu ~ GQ trippin | May 1, 2013, 11:37 am
  9. Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing your pics of the local food and wine – definitely looks like somewhere to add to my bucket list!

Posted by Carolyn @ Holidays to Europe | May 1, 2013, 7:32 pm
  10. After this post I am ready for wine and pizza although I am always ready for that. Love those outdoor gathering spots in Europe.

Posted by Traveling Ted (@travelingted) | May 2, 2013, 12:02 am
  11. One doesn’t automatically think Germany = foodie, and I know it is totally wrong!! But with a bit of italy in everyone’s life.. everything gets better!

Posted by Ana Silva O'Reilly (@mrsoaroundworld) | May 2, 2013, 7:59 am
  12. This all looks AMAZING!! So, I’ve been to Germany once, and it’s the only country I was a bit iffy on. Clearly, I must give it another go!

Posted by The World Wanderer (@TheWrldWanderer) | May 3, 2013, 8:40 pm
    • I’d say it is worth another go. I have seen very little of Germany but hope to spend a little more quality time there. Torn between summer which would be awesome and their amazing Christmas Markets. Tough choices.

Posted by Anita Mac | May 19, 2013, 9:45 pm
  13. Well…that’s a lot of wine:) Looks like it was a great adventure!

Posted by D.J. - The World of Deej | May 5, 2013, 7:49 am
  14. Wow, amazing photos!

It sure made me hungry and thirsty ;)

Posted by Karla | May 19, 2013, 7:35 pm
  15. Wow, amazing photos of food and drinks!

Life is good in Germany ;)

Posted by traveller soul | May 19, 2013, 7:36 pm
  16. Getting thirsty at the sight of those wine-filled glasses. Lovely post! ;-)

Posted by Malou | May 25, 2013, 12:03 pm
  17. It almost seems more civilized getting to eat and drink out on a public plaza with the quiet murmur of the crowds and the gentle clinking of glasses. Your post has reminded me of many warm summer evenings out on the Platz: beer me up! :-) Thanks for your post, Anita!

Posted by fotoeins | June 2, 2013, 8:18 pm
    • It is so civilized – I wish we had more plazas like this in Canada. I think the Aussie’s do pretty well with their beer gardens. Not quite the same as a plaza but still very outdoors and social!

Posted by Anita Mac | June 8, 2013, 1:38 pm

1. Pingback: TDBL Roundup – April 2013 | Travel Destination Bucket List - April 30, 2013

2. Pingback: Bucket List #2: Countries | Travel Destination Bucket List - May 13, 2013