Pictures from abroad, travel

Celebrate: FriFotos from around the world

Moments in life worthy of a Celebration!  Welcome to this week’s FriFotos theme: Celebrate.

Celebrate the moments that take your breath away!

celebrate success

“Life is a journey, not a destination” – and you know how I love a good adventure.  My journey across the top of Spain as I walked the Camino de Santiago was nothing short of an amazing personal experience!  There was a lot of emotion, and at times, a lot of hardship, while I was walking to Santiago.  The final moments as I walked to the Plaza outside the Cathedral, the excitement welling up inside me, the mental flashbacks as snapshots from the 43 days of walking flashed through my head…this was a moment to savour and to celebrate.

Living in the moment

It was exciting to watch my fellow pilgrims arrive in the plaza, celebrating their Camino de Santiago.  The excitement on their faces was palpable!  For many, family and friends were waiting for them when they arrived!  The plaza was filled with walkers, cyclists and on occasion, people who did part of the Camino on horseback!  For each and every one of us, it was time to celebrate!

cycling the Camino de Santiago

One of the many aspects of the journey across Spain that meant the most to me was the people that I met along the way!  Every night, there were celebrations as we caught up and relived the moments!

accomplishment

Another cause for celebration…the day I finished my cycling journey across Canada!  Arms in the air seems to be a universal theme here with the celebrate theme!

cycle touring in Canada

“Life is a journey, not a destination” – celebrate and savour each moment.

Boston, New England

What does celebrate mean to you?

20 thoughts on “Celebrate: FriFotos from around the world

1. It looks like you are having so much fun!

Posted by ArtQuench | February 22, 2013, 10:48 am
  2. Ohhh…I love the smile on your face in these photos.

Posted by Leah Travels (@L_e_a_h) | February 22, 2013, 11:26 am
  3. cheers from all your stops!!! :)

Posted by andy1076 | February 22, 2013, 11:42 am
  4. Love, love your post – great captures:) Celebrate to me means putting a bow on the gift of life everyday and just living every moment of every day!!! Happy Friday – Happy Weekend

Posted by cravesadventure | February 22, 2013, 1:46 pm
  5. yeap you are totally right!! “Life is a journey not a destination” and we should enjoy it to the full…every second of life is a gift to be grateful for:-)Thanks for your post..all the best ;-)

Posted by Daniela Karina | February 22, 2013, 7:22 pm
    • Cheers! Here’s to making the most of every second of life. You are right – it is a gift. I am so grateful for all the travel experiences I have had to date, and look forward to the ones in the future…that is when I am most alive. All the best to you too.

Posted by Anita Mac | February 24, 2013, 12:08 pm
  6. You pretty much summed it up… celebration is that feeling that you captured in those pictures :) lol

Posted by Bashar A. | February 23, 2013, 11:44 am
  7. My daughter has done all three Caminos in Spain and felt like you looked in the photos. I feel like that anytime I’ve accomplished something hard and physical too – but obviously I need to take more celebratory shots. Congrats on all your achievements.

Posted by Leigh McAdam (@hikebiketravel) | February 23, 2013, 6:09 pm
    • The celebration shots are the culmination of all that was achieved on the journey! I didn’t see any sad faces of people in the plaza! Celebratory shots were everywhere! Kudos to your daughter for having done all three routes. I would love to go back and do it again – but with so much on the bucket list, another Camino will have to wait. I heard the north coast Camino is simply stunning. I had the chance to see some of it in San Sebastian and can only imagine how gorgeous the entire trail would be.

Posted by Anita Mac | February 24, 2013, 12:12 pm
  8. Love the joy portrayed in each photo! Remember to celebrate life in itself!

Posted by Jodi | February 24, 2013, 9:23 am

1. Pingback: Roberto Toretta Spring/Summer 2013 FULL SHOW | MB Madrid Fashion | Finer Lifestyle Magazine - April 16, 2013