MatadorU, Meandering thoughts

Writing with MatadorU

Thank you for following my adventures and journeys.  Thank you for making Travel Destination Bucket List so much more….without you, it would be so much less!

My writing style has been a little eclectic.  I have introduced a few different themes including the Monday Morning Series of inspirational photos, Live the Photo with tips and background, Hotel Reviews and the new Travel Destination City Guides.  I am trying to find my style while playing with the various formats and tools available to me on the blog.  Thank you for your patience.  I love all of your comments and treasure your kind words.

I have decided to enrol with MatadorU – an online travel writing school.  I hope to expand my horizons and those of Travel Destination Bucket List.  My dream is to inspire others to travel as I have been inspired…to open the world to those who have not yet made that first leap, or introduce a new destination or adventure to those who already share my passion for experiencing the world.

While I plan on maintaining my 3 post per week schedule, you may find with writing assignments and exercises that I increase my posting frequency.  I hope you are enjoying the tales with which I pepper your inboxes and that the improvements to my written word make Travel Destination Bucket List a much better place to visit.  Any posts that are a result of an assignment will be marked as such.

As always…I welcome and cherish your comments and questions.  I invite you to share any of the posts that you particularly enjoy or posts with photos that inspire or make you smile…I have included buttons for some of the more popular social media outlets including twitter, facebook and pinterest.

Anita Mac  www.traveldestinationbucketlist.com

Anita Mac

First assignment is up: Waiting for the snow to fall: Gatineau Park

21 thoughts on “Writing with MatadorU

1. All the best Anita… looking forward to seeing some of your assignments :)

Posted by Bashar A. | December 16, 2012, 7:51 pm
  2. I have heard great things about the MatadorU program and have given some thought to enrolling myself. It looks pretty intense! I look forward to hearing your thoughts as you progress through the program.

Posted by Annette | December 16, 2012, 8:44 pm
  3. good luck on your new adventure. I have heard good things about MatadorU, and I am going to enjoy reading along as you learn and explore new writing styles and adventures.

Posted by jmeyersforeman | December 16, 2012, 9:19 pm
    • Thanks. Part of the course has involved a lot of reading. It is interesting to examine the various styles of writing – what resonates and what doesn’t. I must surely have attention deficit issues as I find some articles tough to read…and have to remind myself that I need to finish! I look forward to expanding my style….still trying to identify exactly what it is!

Posted by Anita Mac | December 17, 2012, 11:17 am
  4. You already inspire me to travel – Way to Go – Good Luck:)

Posted by cravesadventure | December 16, 2012, 9:41 pm
    • Thanks! That put a huge smile on my face! I think travel brings out so many wonderful experiences and I feel like I have grown so much since I first ventured out on my own so many years ago…I just wish more people could experience that! I have been told so often how lucky I am….and I just want to scream from the rooftops that so many more people could be that lucky too…they just have to give it a try!

Posted by Anita Mac | December 17, 2012, 11:19 am
  5. I’m excited for you to be enrolled in the travel writing school program. I look forward continuing to follow your blog and writings. It’s been wonderful to read about your travels. I especially enjoyed your Camino de Santiago journey.

Posted by Suzanne McRae | December 16, 2012, 9:43 pm
  6. Good luck with this new challenge!

Posted by Travel Spirit | December 17, 2012, 8:16 am
  7. Good luck!!! I heard about MatadorU before and it sounds like a great program!

Posted by Virginia | December 17, 2012, 12:04 pm
  8. Congrats and good luck Anita!! Cheering for ya!

Posted by Jodi | December 21, 2012, 11:21 am
  9. Have you finished the course yet? I keep hearing about it and thinking I’ll sign up one day, but I haven’t been able to stomach the fees yet. I’m wondering how you liked it – is it worth it?

Posted by wanderoneday | April 1, 2013, 9:01 am
    • Sadly, I fell off the bandwagon – but there is no time cut, so I will be coming back to it. There is some good stuff in the course. I let life get in the way….but with some amazing trips to NYC, Montreal and New Orleans…it is good to know I can put it aside for a little, and come back to it when I am ready. It was great to get some feedback on my homework. They don’t actually critique each module, so that is where I fell off, waiting on some critique before moving to the next section. Of course, I should have kept up while on the road….no excuses.
      Good luck in your decision. I originally signed up for the $10 trial…that, I don’t think is worth it as it really didn’t give a good look in. I think you either go for it, or you don’t. If, like me, you can get distracted – it may not be the best option. I knew that going in. Still glad to have signed up – just have to get back to it!

Posted by Anita Mac | April 1, 2013, 3:16 pm
      • Awesome, thanks for the response! I might sign up later this year, after the hectic spring chaos is over. I feel like I would get the most out of it if I did have some awesome trips planned, so I could apply what I learn to the trip write ups. Is this a realistic expectation?

Posted by wanderoneday | April 1, 2013, 3:19 pm
      • Glad to be of help! I would start just a little before your trips to get into the swing of it all. I do think I got a little derailed on account of my trips. You need to have internet access to read the modules and I think you will benefit most if you have quiet time to think about what you are learning and writing. I think that it is also recommended that you do a lot of reading – they have links to suggested articles. Something easier done when not exploring a fabulous new destination! Whichever way you go – as long as you know how you learn and work best, you will be fine.

Posted by Anita Mac | April 1, 2013, 5:17 pm

1. Pingback: Waiting for the snow to fall « traveldestinationbucketlist - December 18, 2012