Meandering thoughts

Living in the Present

This weekend I once again start Living in the Present!

I am sorry to not have written down who to credit the above photo to – I found it on the web, but it really did make me take pause.  As I described in my recent post – Transition Zone – a major life decision to “choose me” was recently made.  I am looking forward to taking the time to make me my priority.  I will live life in the present, learn from the people I meet and the circumstances that I encounter.  I will learn to live with less and embrace all my new challenges.

I will be offline while in transit, and at times my response rate will be slower – but I cherish all your comments and questions, and will make sure to reach out to those of you who have made comments or questions.

The countdown to departure is on….I will make the most of this amazing adventure that I am about to undertake!  Living in the present –  living, laughing and enjoying the moment!  Are you living in the present?

First stop: Croatia.  I hope you enjoy the ride!

Anita Mac

15 thoughts on “Living in the Present

1. Enjoy your adventure Anita. Take care.

Posted by Herman | August 10, 2012, 5:00 pm
  2. YOU GO GIRL – cannot wait to hear about your travels and adventures:) Happy Friday!

Posted by cravesadventure | August 10, 2012, 5:10 pm
  3. I envy your travels, and look forward to hearing more. I also hope you chance upon a couple bicycle stores somewhere along the way. :)

Posted by aaronwest | August 10, 2012, 6:09 pm
  4. Have a great trip, Anita! We’ll be looking forward to posts from your travels and your present moments!

Posted by catbirdinoman | August 10, 2012, 6:34 pm
  5. Safe travels. An admirable quest you are embarking on. Be here now :)

Posted by PC PHOTO | August 11, 2012, 8:51 am
  6. I adore the Dalai Lama. He has a great personality. Have a great trip :)

Posted by wolke205 | August 11, 2012, 1:20 pm
  7. I love this Anita. It is not often a saying makes me stop and think. This one did. Thanks for sharing it.
    Keith x

Posted by elytoeverest | August 12, 2012, 1:52 am
    • It really does make one stop to think, doesn’t it! I find travel to countries like Bolivia and Peru to really make me re-evaluate things. It is true – in N.America, we get so caught up in things like earnings and material possessions, and I am no different, but at times I really wonder if these things are what truly make me happy! Work like crazy and neglect my basic needs….vs respect myself and find an inner peace. I love to work, don’t get me wrong – but when it takes over everything, even my ability to produce at the top of the scale becomes limited, and then one just needs to wonder what they are trying to achieve! One of the ladies I used to work with who I had loads of respect for used to constantly tell me “Do less, achieve more” – I am pretty sure she was onto something.
      I would love to make this quote into a small sized poster and hang it somewhere prominent so that I can remind myself of the underlying message!
      Here’s to living in the present!

Posted by Anita Mac | August 12, 2012, 9:50 am
  8. Happy travels Anita :-)

Posted by Madhu | August 14, 2012, 1:08 pm