USA, Weekend Getaways

Road Trip

This weekend is all about the Road Trip.  But unlike road trips of late, there will be no bikes!

road bikes

Remember the good old days where the family packed it up, hit the highway on a family road trip?  Over the last number of years, our road trips have involved packing up the bike and all the gear into the car for a weekend of racing somewhere in Quebec.  We have travelled back and forth to Europe and the Caribbean for vacations – the old fashioned pack up and go road trip has taken a back seat!

This weekend is dedicated to the road trip.  Get up and go….stop anywhere along the way…..destination: Boston.  The only plan – The New England Color Run Saturday morning.  Other than that, we are free to roam.

photo courtesy of The Color Run’s official website.

Boston’s Visitor’s Guide lists plenty to do, the InterContinental Waterfront Hotel is perfectly located to see Boston on foot.  No guide books, no serious research and planning beforehand, just exploring by feel!

What about you – do you have plans for a road trip this summer?  Do you have everything planned or are you letting your trip unfold as you go?  Whatever your plans….get out there and go!

Here’s to bringing back the road trip!

Boston Road Trip related posts:

New England Color Run – had a blast!  Check out the fun in pictures!

Boston’s Waterfront InterContinental: Hotel Review

15 thoughts on “Road Trip

1. I am planning on a road trip this next week but haven’t pinpointed which direction I will go. There are SO many choices! :)

Posted by jodysjourneys | July 27, 2012, 10:19 am
    • That is the best thing about a good road trip – all you have to do is get out the door and see where you end up! My favourite road trip was in New Zealand – I rented a car and drove. Stopped all over and had a blast! Have a great road trip!

Posted by Anita Mac | July 27, 2012, 10:05 pm
  2. Have fun!!! I hear that colour run is loads of fun! And in Boston?! Sounds perfect! That is one city I haven`t been (not that I am a big traveler, lol) that I have always wanted to go to.

Posted by Mo | July 27, 2012, 3:25 pm
    • I am excited to wander around Boston – think it should be an excellent city to play in! The drive down today was fun – we stopped a coupe times and lived it up in Vermont! Ben & Jerry’s was well worth the stop!

Posted by Anita Mac | July 27, 2012, 10:07 pm
  3. Love Road Trippin! Yellowstone will be our road trip this Summer and cannot wait! Have a Great Weekend:)

Posted by cravesadventure | July 28, 2012, 1:55 pm
  4. That is the way our trip to Canada went the beginning of July. We had a general destination in mind but nothing else planned and it was our best trip yet.

Posted by f-stop mama | July 28, 2012, 5:59 pm
  5. Enjoy the New England states! Lots to see and do.

Posted by brain injury self rehabilitation (BISR) | July 28, 2012, 10:51 pm

1. Pingback: Monday Morning Series: Ben & Jerry’s « traveldestinationbucketlist - July 30, 2012

2. Pingback: Travel By The Alphabet: V « Shutter bug - August 21, 2012

3. Pingback: Horizon – 100 Words | bardicblogger - September 1, 2012

4. Pingback: Turn back time « A Photoblog filled with memories and music. - September 27, 2012

5. Pingback: SUNDAY POST : Favorite Spot – RoadTrip | rfljenksy – Practicing Simplicity - September 29, 2012