travel, USA

Happy 4th of July

The media campaign to promote the USA as a tourist destination has been incredibly prevalent here in Canada – no doubt, after all, we are their closest neighbours.  The music behind the campaign is evocative, elegant and simple – rife with meaning.  Rosanne Cash’s melodic voice transports me to the places in the USA that I have yet to go – New Orleans, the Brooklyn Bridge, the coast…..the visuals make me want to come back to visit all that the US has to offer!  The imagery is amazing and inspiring.  The landscapes – diverse.   “A thousand shades of something new,” welcome to the land of dreams.

Celebrated with pomp and parade, fireworks and bbqs, the Fourth of July is an important US holiday celebrating the 1776 Declaration of Independence.  To all my American friends and readers, I wish you a happy Fourth of July!  May you always live in a land of dreams.

Background info:

No red, white and blue

USA Today – Loyalty Traveler

24 thoughts on “Happy 4th of July

1. This is a great post and thank you! If you ever get a chance to visit NYC I can give you suggestions. Walking the Brooklyn Bridge is definitely one of them!

Posted by Virginia | July 4, 2012, 9:14 am
  2. Happy 4th to you as well,my friend (which is just another Wednesday up yunder,I suppose?) :D

The DC

Posted by disabledcyclist | July 4, 2012, 1:19 pm
  3. Great Post – Happy 4th – Enjoy!

Posted by cravesadventure | July 4, 2012, 2:51 pm
  4. i love this post, Anita. i hope we all can live in a land of dreams and not just in the USA. freedom is a lovely thing i wish all of the world could have. cheers!!

Posted by lola | July 5, 2012, 8:44 am
  5. Stop by any time, we will leave the light on!

Posted by PC PHOTO | July 5, 2012, 9:37 am
  6. Love this so much!

Posted by Steve Jane | July 5, 2012, 10:13 am
  7. i sometimes forget how beautiful and vast the united states is until i think about it from an outsider’s perspective. one of the things the romantic and i are really trying to focus on is seeing more of our own country in the coming years! thanks for posting this, anita! xo

Posted by Lazy Travelers (@lazytravelers) | July 5, 2013, 12:51 pm
  8. Happy 4th of July, Anita! Hope all is well! Loved this!

Posted by Ana Silva O'Reilly (@mrsoaroundworld) | July 7, 2013, 11:02 am
  9. Love this! Thank you for sharing.

Posted by Leah Travels (@L_e_a_h) | July 9, 2013, 7:45 am
  10. Aww, this was so sweet! Made me realize what it is I love so much about this country, and how it’s always nice to come home…if only for a little bit. ;) You haven’t been to the Brooklyn Bridge yet? Next time you visit, I’ll take you! Brooklyn is one of my favorite places in the world.

Posted by The World Wanderer (@TheWrldWanderer) | July 9, 2013, 12:17 pm
  11. Interesting to see how the U.S. markets itself in other countries. Thanks for posting.

Posted by Traveling Ted (@travelingted) | July 9, 2013, 10:28 pm
  12. Yes come visit! We have a lot to offer! :)

Posted by lola dimarco | July 14, 2013, 10:13 pm