Prague

Walking tour of Prague at Night

Slowly, as the gas lanterns light up, a warm glow settles over Prague as day turns to night.

Overlooking the Charles Bridge with Prague Castle and St Vitus Cathedral in the background.

Prague, at the heart of Europe – loaded with charm and history – is so beautiful as it glows in the evening.

Fred and Ginger – examples of modernist architecture mingling the old and new.

Know as the city of 1000 spires – stunning views of the cathedral at night.

St Vitus Cathedral

Walking Prague’s streets at night by the glow of the lanterns.

Fireworks over St Charles bridge.

Always busy, walking around town after dark was never a problem.   Prague has a very safe feel – it was a pleasure to stroll the old cobbled streets each evening.

For more information about places to visit and stay in Prague – click on the Prague Series link or for individual posts:

Happy travels.

18 thoughts on “Walking tour of Prague at Night

1. wow! what a beautiful place! may need to add it to my list :)

Posted by Photography by Gisele Morgan | June 8, 2012, 4:48 pm
    • Prague is just such a magical city – I can only imagine how enchanting it would be to walk around time on a summer’s evening! We were there over Christmas – even with the cooler temps, we couldn’t get enough and were found out walking every night.

Posted by Anita Mac | June 8, 2012, 8:53 pm
  2. There is just something about exploring a city at night – loving your photos! Have a Wonderful Weekend:)

Posted by cravesadventure | June 8, 2012, 4:49 pm
  3. I love photos shot at night! They have an ethereal quality you don’t get when the sun is up. Prague looks amazing.

Thanks so much for posting!

Posted by frugalfirstclasstravel | June 8, 2012, 5:27 pm
    • Buying a tripod was the best thing, although I found at times that I could get the shot by leaning against a building. With the city all lit up, there was more than enough ambient light. I couldn’t agree more though – the night shots are so special.

Posted by Anita Mac | June 8, 2012, 9:22 pm
  4. These cities at night with there glowing lights, are just beautiful, I think the same of Venice. Beautiful photos!

Posted by Yvette | June 8, 2012, 9:00 pm
  5. Awesome! I’d love to take a trip there. Great photos!

Posted by Curly Carly | June 8, 2012, 10:59 pm
  6. Seems magical!

Posted by Madhu | June 9, 2012, 4:16 am
  7. Looks beautiful, Prague’s on my shortlist for a birthday weekend next month and it’s definitely winning me over here!

Posted by Lucy Dodsworth | June 9, 2012, 5:41 pm
    • Happy birthday. I hope you have a great time celebrating – Prague is totally worthy of a birthday weekend! So many great places to go! Check out hOST, up near Prague Castle for some amazing food and brilliant views.

Posted by Anita Mac | June 18, 2012, 6:43 pm
  8. Praha is a magical place, and even after the number of visits reaching the double-digits, I’m not tired of the place. Great nighttime photos!

Posted by fotoeins | June 9, 2012, 9:29 pm
  9. Hi, Anita. I was just about to do something similar, a year after your post appeared. Fortunately, there’s so much good stuff that there really isn’t any fear for duplicating a shot, or even a photo at a given location! Nevertheless, your post provided additional inspiration, and for that, I’m grateful! :) Praha is rather photogenic, day or night, isn’t she?

Posted by fotoeins | July 13, 2013, 7:57 pm

1. Pingback: 5 of the Best Spots to View Prague at Night | Fotoeins Fotopress - August 8, 2013