Meandering thoughts

Travel Destination Bucket List gets a new look

Travel Destination Bucket List is evolving – and I want to take this moment to thank each and every one of you who have followed, commented and liked my posts and photographs as I have travelled and explored popular travel destinations…..Travel Destination Bucket List is getting a new look.

Travel Blog

Travel Destination Bucket List – the way it is.

I will continue to bring stories and photographs of bucket list activities, sights and popular destinations.  I am excited to bring more hotel reviews to pair with these activities as well as reviews of tours and experiences from these popular travel destinations.

Option 1 -Oxygen – it still needs a little tweaking in the format department -

new look for blog

Option 1 new look – needs a little tweaking.

What do you think of the new look?

Option 2 – the Morning After – adjustments to include photos need to be made, but the format I am trying to achieve is more of a digital magazine look.

Still needs some work, with photos added

I would love your feedback.  The goal is to make the travel content more accessible to you when choosing travel destinations.  If you see something you like, I encourage you to comment – ask any questions about the post and experience.

Cast your vote in the comments section below or at @wheretogoam #newTDBL – a new look is on the horizon.

Is there anything else you would like to see at Travel Destination Bucket List?

16 thoughts on “Travel Destination Bucket List gets a new look

1. I like the first option, since it is visually more appealing; you can show off your beautiful pictures!

Posted by thesweetkitten | June 1, 2012, 10:04 am
  2. Hello there! I like the clean look of number two.

Posted by Heather | June 1, 2012, 10:57 am
  3. I like the old look, Anita. It reminds me of my own blog. ;) But I’m sure your blog will continue to be wonderful, no matter which format you choose to present it in.

Posted by orples | June 1, 2012, 10:59 am
  4. Between the 2, I would say Oxygen. I’ve come across many in the ‘Morning After’ format and find the layout a little bland and institutional. Just my 2 cents.

Posted by Ian | June 1, 2012, 11:01 am
  5. I sorta like Option 2 because your recent posts and categories are right there on the front page; very accesible to the reader. Plus it highlights your current post too – BONUS! Good Luck with the decision and the new look! Have a Great Weekend:)

Posted by cravesadventure | June 1, 2012, 11:59 am
  6. I prefer Oxygen, but I’d add a custom header. Just my 2 cents.

Posted by texpatstarling | June 1, 2012, 12:14 pm
  7. Well, to keep these comments even, I’ll jump in and say I prefer Morning After. For one, it has a more streamlined look, and I think it’s visually easier to find and follow what I’m looking at. The search and subscribe functions are very visible, no need to hunt for them.

Posted by jenion | June 1, 2012, 1:11 pm
  8. I like the 2nd one more… but if it doesn’t preview pics then I change my vote to the 1st :) I think a small picture to show what the post is about is always helpful, too much text is kind of distracting.

Either one you chose will be great anyway :)

Posted by 2 Rivers Photos | June 1, 2012, 5:31 pm
  9. Thanks for the great feedback and thoughts. Tough decision – both choices will take some fine tuning, including a custom header photo and making sure that each post has a photo to go with the text. I like the original, but also like the more streamlined of the 2 options – hope to unveil the new design for Monday – may be a few adjustments along the way as I transition the materials! Thanks for weighing in everyone!

Posted by Anita Mac | June 1, 2012, 6:35 pm
  10. I’ve been using Oxygen for almost two weeks and I think it was a good decission to switch to that theme (check my blog to see the results :-) ). The featured posts header is a great thing.

There was also a time when I was using TMA on another blog. Also a good one, but more magazine like – not for me…

My opinion: Oxygen.

Posted by mothergrogan | June 1, 2012, 6:59 pm
  11. Thanks for all the comments. I am test driving option 2 – The Morning After – with a little tweaking, it is starting to look like what I was envisioning. Hope you like the new look.

Posted by Anita Mac | June 3, 2012, 4:27 pm
  12. Definitely option 1

Posted by Frank Burns | June 3, 2012, 7:33 pm
  13. I have been meaning to comment on this post for days!! I see you’ve made the upgrade. What a fabulous choice, it looks oh so sleek and trendy! Love it!

Posted by miramiandmog | June 5, 2012, 4:36 pm
    • Thanks. It was a tough choice – I loved the colours of the original design, but I think the magazine look makes more sense! I love reading through travel blogs and getting the sense of flipping through a magazine, picking the articles I want to read. I hope I am creating that for my readers.

Posted by Anita Mac | June 5, 2012, 4:42 pm