Canada, Cycle Touring, Cycling Across Canada

Cycling Across Canada: Back on Track

Cycling across Canada remains one of my proudest accomplishments, and I am happy to be back on track, sharing the experiences of my Trans Canada journey.

When I left off, I had travelled across the magnificent Rockies, hiked and relaxed in Banff and Lake Louise, and head out for a few days of fun in Calgary.  It was surprising that I had met so few cyclists doing the same trans Canada journey – after all, I had read that close to 1,000 cyclists do it every year, and the best way to cycle across Canada was from the West to the East – the prevailing winds would be in your favour, making for a better trip!

Had a great time in Calgary, but time to get back on track – hit the road – the East coast wasn’t getting any closer with trips to the zoo and nights at the bar.  Getting started the morning I left town was a challenge.  Expecting a lot of traffic, I hit the road extra early – it was the right thing to do.  The first 100kms out of town were glorious – you know the feeling – basking in the warmth of the sun on your face and blue skies!

After that, I was zonked – not sure what happened, but sleep deprivation surely caught me up.  Found the only tree (don’t forget, we are moving into the Prairies now!!!) and that was it – pulled over on the side of the Trans-Canada Highway, pulled out my sleeping roll and was out for the count.  Slept like a log until the shade from the tree had completely disappeared.  Full sun gets pretty hot out there.

Something had shifted – I pedalled squares along the highway, my prevailing wind not so friendly as it has shifted to become a headwind during my sleep.  Crawled along til I reached the town of Brookes – a huge day in the saddle – 194 kms in total, with over 8 hours of riding.  Needless to say, a hotel room and nice dinner was in order!  Woke up to find my first flat – picked up a huge shard of metal on the road!  Not good.  At least I had the luxury of fixing in the comfort of my hotel room (which was still feeling rather decadent!)  Opted for an easier day, checking out of the hotel late before the push on to Medicine Hat and back to camping.

Tough day in the saddle – temperatures peaking around 35 C and heavy headwinds.  So much for the prevailing winds theory!  Turns out there was a mini tornado east of town.  This was going to test me and my gear.  Exhausted and thirsty, I tumbled into a restless sleep. Everyone kept telling me there was a lot of nothing coming up – was going to need to be prepared!

Riding to Gull Lake the next day, I met up with a new riding partner, a young man from Quebec.  It was great to have someone to ride with.  Even better when I flatted again and he was happy to help me fix it!  We were greeted by some great Canadian hospitality as we cycled along – a man in a motor home stopped to check on us, offering fresh sandwiches and a respite from the sun.  He was the first of many who blessed me with kindness on this trip, part of what made it so memorable.  Sandwiches done, it was back on the bikes – we had a ball, racing for the sunset and a campsite at Gull Lake.

Feeling rather run down, I had to bid my new cycling partner adieu – my next destination – a motel to recover – turns out I had picked up a cold while in Calgary.  My legs just couldn’t pedal across Canada for another minute – I stumbled into Swift Current, plunked down my credit card, and ended up staying 3 days!  Sleep, eat and Tour de France on tv!  Just what the body needed!

Next segment:  Cycling Across Canada:  Random Acts of Kindness

Back on track: Cycling Across Canada – the Prairies – stats from Calgary to Swift Current:

Start Stop Distance (km) Time Riding
Day 11  Calgary Brookes 194 8h 19m
Day 12  Brookes Medicine Hat 112 5h 36m
Day 13  Medicine Hat Gull Lake 176 7h 56m
Day 14 Gull Lake Swift Current 55 2h 37m

212 thoughts on “Cycling Across Canada: Back on Track

1. that is such beautiful sceneries.

Posted by terry1954 | April 25, 2012, 9:14 am
  2. Good grief. I’m trying to add up all of the km and convert to miles… How far is that?

Posted by Lane & Juliet (@thelostbackpack) | April 25, 2012, 10:38 am
  3. Welcome to Swift Current! Hope you enjoyed your stay – if we would have known you were here we would have gotten you a ticket to come out to the Lyric Theatre last night and relax Swift Current style! Good luck on your journey

Posted by Gail Kesslar | April 25, 2012, 11:04 am
  4. Your photos are so beautiful! :) I like cycling, but such a tour would be too much for me. So I enjoy your posts :D

Posted by wolke205 | April 25, 2012, 11:30 am
    • Thanks. I really love seeing places by bike – you see so much from a different perspective. Trans Canada was a huge undertaking – so thrilled to be able to do it. I am convinced anyone can – it is just a question of time – shorter days makes for a longer trip. Glad you are enjoying my posts.

Posted by Anita Mac | April 25, 2012, 12:13 pm
  5. What a magnificent adventure. Great photos, nice writing. A book, perhaps?

Posted by aviatrixkim | April 25, 2012, 11:32 am
  6. Wow. I’m so jealous.

Posted by Franco | April 25, 2012, 11:32 am
  7. Good thing you took a break when you needed it!
    Congrats on being Freshly Pressed!

Posted by susielindau | April 25, 2012, 11:36 am
  8. Very cool. Coming from Calgary, I hope to maybe do something similar.

Posted by Reade Tittemore | April 25, 2012, 11:41 am
  9. Wow! Seems like quite the adventure. Congrats and props to you for all your hard work. I’m sure you got to see some amazing things while traveling through Canada.

Posted by Carlie Chew | April 25, 2012, 11:43 am
  10. Wow!! What an incredible adventure! I can’t imagine how you even build up the nerve to even attempt to do this, but kudos to you! :)

Posted by PCC Advantage | April 25, 2012, 11:51 am
  11. What an amazing accomplishment — you must be pretty stoked AND proud of yourself! I can’t imagine how much incredible scenery you encountered along the way…

Posted by Mikalee Byerman | April 25, 2012, 11:58 am
  12. What a wonderfully mad idea! And a great accomplishment. Kudos to you

Posted by thecorngoblin | April 25, 2012, 12:03 pm
  13. You are amazing Anita! I so admire you.

Posted by drawandshoot | April 25, 2012, 12:20 pm
  14. Wow, looks incredible!

Posted by Rae | April 25, 2012, 12:25 pm
  15. Holy Crap! That is some ambitious cycling. And with cargo! I thought I was a champ for riding 20 miles round trip to work every day… you’re fantastic!

Posted by ernestwhile | April 25, 2012, 12:36 pm
  16. You make me want to get on my bike and ride and ride and ride – ha! Happy Hump Day!

Posted by cravesadventure | April 25, 2012, 12:39 pm
  17. how inspirational! thanks for sharing your journey!

Posted by shannmark | April 25, 2012, 12:43 pm
  18. Beautiful photos! 194 km in a day is quite the workout!

Posted by nickzantop | April 25, 2012, 12:51 pm
  19. Keep working hard with the goal in mind!

Posted by aFrankAngle | April 25, 2012, 12:58 pm
  20. Great images. What amazing places!

Posted by sportsandthecross | April 25, 2012, 1:07 pm
  21. I’m an old long-distance cyclist. My wife and I have put many miles on a Burley Samba Tandem. Your photos and text bring back many fond memories. Thank you so muchy for sharing

Posted by Scott | April 25, 2012, 1:08 pm
  22. Amazing! And congrats on being Freshly Pressed!

Posted by The Retiring Sort | April 25, 2012, 1:17 pm
  23. Great post! love it (:

Posted by thebigbookofdating | April 25, 2012, 1:21 pm
  24. Wow! I am impressed! I did a charity cycle last weekend (have a few blog posts about it coming soon) and I only did 50 miles! I have never done for before and didn’t train so I am admiring your efforts! Super pictures too!
    Check out my blog for my experiences over the coming week :)
    Thanks!

Posted by hks987 | April 25, 2012, 1:22 pm
  25. Beautiful pictures and scenery!

Posted by playedtheball | April 25, 2012, 1:29 pm
  26. I grew up North of Swift Current and can totally picture a local slowing down to offer you a sandwich. Enjoyed this – and I hope the rest of your ride is/was fantastic!
    MJ

Posted by emjayandthem | April 25, 2012, 1:44 pm
    • It was the sweetest thing when the man stopped. Very welcome too as the sun was hot and he had ice cubes!!! Who knew one could get so excited by ice cubes – but the cold water tasted great! The rest of the ride was fantastic – I will never forget it!

Posted by Anita Mac | April 25, 2012, 6:06 pm
  27. Reblogged this on workplacedaily and commented:
    Excellent and so inspiring! Everyone – adjust your bucketlist!

Posted by annmariedavidson | April 25, 2012, 1:46 pm
  28. Congrats. for being Freshly Pressed! You are the 2nd blogger that I learned of, long before they got FP’d. The ride particularily from Banff to Canmore, is beautiful. Also to Lake Louise, north of Banff also. Did you get headwinds? :) Those winds tend to be consistent. However if cyclists going south from Lake Louise / Banff to Calgary, one tends to get tailwinds.

Here’s some more scenery, of that ride last summer:

My partner has cycled across Canada twice from Vancouver to Toronto by himself. He did meet several cyclists solo along the way. It would be around 4,500 km. one way. Canada is a freaking huge country so thwe would miss one another across our vastness.

Posted by Jean | April 25, 2012, 2:02 pm
    • Thanks. Popped over to look at your post – great pictures. It is such a fantastic area for cycling – we are so lucky to have it in our backyard (like you said – it is a pretty huge back yard!!!) Hope to do another ride out there – focussing on the Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper area – it was just stunning out there!

Posted by Anita Mac | April 25, 2012, 6:20 pm
  29. What an amazing adventure. I look forward to reading more.

Posted by Alaska Girl at Heart | April 25, 2012, 2:03 pm
  30. I have a friend from D.C. who’s crazy about cycling. He’s in his 60’s and cycles all around Europe all the time. I’ll send him a link to your blog…Canada is the most beautiful country ever, period! ;)

Posted by jean1nolan | April 25, 2012, 2:04 pm
  31. Very nice to see so many replies on this wonderful blogpost! Good job!

Thomas

Posted by thomasvee | April 25, 2012, 2:06 pm
  32. These are gorgeous!

Posted by Bunny Maita | April 25, 2012, 2:08 pm
  33. Sounds like an incredible journey/experience. How long did it take you?

Posted by Jason Ministries | April 25, 2012, 2:17 pm
  34. Canada’s an impressive country. Your story reminded me of that movie with a guy being diagnosed with cancer as he tooka break from everything and went across Canada on a motorcycle.

Posted by allcancerfightingfoods | April 25, 2012, 2:18 pm
  35. Hey Anita! Huzzah– congratulations on being FP’d! (And you did it while writing about my home city, Calgary– double huzzah!)

It’s nice to read about the land of my youth through the eyes of a visitor. You definitely did the prairies justice. :)

Posted by Dana | April 25, 2012, 2:44 pm
  36. Sounds like it was a great ride. And how cool is it to just pull over and huddle up under a tree for some zzz’s? Amazing! And the images are lovely.

Posted by 4MyLifeFitness | April 25, 2012, 2:48 pm
  37. Breath taking!

Posted by b1ll6r14 | April 25, 2012, 3:21 pm
  38. It sounds like such an amazing experience!

Posted by theplaceswevebeen | April 25, 2012, 3:22 pm
  39. incredible journey!

Posted by birkomat | April 25, 2012, 4:05 pm
  40. What a great adventure! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Posted by Laura Dunkley | April 25, 2012, 4:10 pm
  41. Wow, that picture of the prairies is awesome! That sounds like such an awesome ride…I’m from the States but I lived in Canada for a few years and thought it was very beautiful.

Nice post! :)

Posted by Claudia | April 25, 2012, 4:11 pm
  42. Thanks for visiting my blog and liking my photo.

Posted by wrands | April 25, 2012, 4:20 pm
  43. hey, just seen you are freshly pressed, congrats.

Posted by wherewillthewindtakeus | April 25, 2012, 4:20 pm
  44. Good effort! Would love to do something like this. Keep enjoying your adventures.

Posted by finola | April 25, 2012, 5:05 pm
  45. Suggested Soundtrack for you: Rural Alberta Advantage. :)

Posted by ambermlee75 | April 25, 2012, 6:12 pm
  46. An awesome trip.
    I use to go to ride, but not as far as you made.

Posted by ediciondevideonocturna | April 25, 2012, 6:47 pm
  47. Awesome trip! Happy to follow along with your adventures…

Posted by davidniddrie | April 25, 2012, 6:50 pm
  48. Congrats on your journey. The prairies should be some easy riding for you!

Posted by Lesley | April 25, 2012, 6:56 pm
    • Thanks. Surprisingly, they were the toughest! I would have thought differently, but got caught with a lot of headwinds. The sunsets were incredible every night – made it worth it!

Posted by Anita Mac | April 25, 2012, 8:19 pm
      • Ah yes the wind! I forgot about that. I really hate even driving in the prairies when it’s windy so I can imagine how tough it was!

Posted by Lesley | April 26, 2012, 5:52 pm
  49. I’m jealous….

Posted by thecaptainpower | April 25, 2012, 7:00 pm
  50. Long solo treks are where the passion for cycling meets the harsh reality of endurance…..saddle sores, sore muscles, dehydration, respiratory infections…….but that’s the chosen lot of the long-distance cyclist. I look forward to future episodes.

Posted by Frank Burns | April 25, 2012, 7:28 pm
  51. one of my favourite parts of the world. Lake Louise is just magic. Well done on cycling to it!!

Posted by Warriors and Goddesses | April 25, 2012, 7:33 pm
  52. Great post. Definitely an interesting read.
    We’re giving away free t-shirts. Check it out today at….,.

Posted by tshirtlegend34 | April 25, 2012, 8:14 pm
  53. Hey! Saw your blog on the front page of WordPress! Congrats. Looks like quite the journey. I’m heading out in May with 2 friends to cover the entire U.S. and end in Canada. We’re heading West to East too. Hopefully we get some of that tailwind you mention! Good luck on the rest of your trip!

Posted by MikeandJordanAdventure | April 25, 2012, 8:15 pm
    • That sounds awesome. One of my inspirational books was about a man who cycled from Vancouver, down the west coast of the US, across the bottom and back up, finishing in Canada. Have a great time and may you have many tailwinds. Will watch for your adventures – I hope you are able to get a few posts out while on the road.

Posted by Anita Mac | April 26, 2012, 7:23 am
  54. Awesome!

Posted by Pak Liam | April 25, 2012, 8:41 pm
  55. Never been to Canada even though I am not far from the border. I would love to go, nice pictures.

Posted by James | April 25, 2012, 9:47 pm
  56. Fantastic blog share! My little bike trail in Florida is nothing like this at all. This is something I need to put on my “things must do” list. Thank you so much for sharing this with me (everyone) today. Keep up the great blogging!

Posted by angelique523 | April 25, 2012, 9:49 pm
  57. What a cool trip! I’m so jealous! I’d love to do a long cycling tour someday, though I’m not sure how long I would last. Cycling across Canada would be just fantastically gorgeous, I imagine. About how many hours a day in the saddle do you average? What kind of bike?

Posted by housewifedownunder | April 25, 2012, 9:57 pm
    • My days in the saddle were dictated by many things – how I was feeling, where I wanted to spend the night and what I had planned. I averaged over 100kms per day, however I met people who did more and who did less. The beauty of it all is that you can tailor it to what you want to do. I used a Trek hybrid – had mountain bike handlebars and slick tires (no nubbs for less resistance on the road). I attached bar ends to give my hands an extra position. I did a post on my gear: http://traveldestinationbucketlist.com/2012/02/17/cycling-across-canada-the-gear/ if you would like to check out all the equipment I used.

Posted by Anita Mac | April 26, 2012, 7:31 am
  58. Beautiful. Nice. Wow. I want! I want!

Posted by mutyang | April 25, 2012, 10:30 pm
  59. I’m from Calgary and haven’t been there for five years or so. I miss it a lot. Thanks for sharing the photos and impressions of the places and people.

Posted by Staff | April 26, 2012, 1:00 am
  60. so cool!! really can’t do it now

Posted by Sonny | April 26, 2012, 1:59 am
  61. i wish i could do that at the moment but too busy with life. keep it up

Posted by Sonny | April 26, 2012, 2:01 am
  62. superb creativity…like it very much

Posted by Flats in Bangalore | April 26, 2012, 2:10 am
  63. OMGOODNESS cycle across Canada is like a dream to me!! I would luh-luh-love to do that~ Maybe when I’m back in the country~~

Posted by angrygaijin | April 26, 2012, 2:24 am
  64. Are you doing this all on your own? What an impressive journey to take and your photos look amazing. Canada is amazing. I’ve never done a cycling holiday, but if I did, I always thought about Vietnam. Looks amazing too. But you make me want to try this in Canada. Good luck with the rest of your journey.

Posted by KylaB | April 26, 2012, 2:40 am
  65. Fantastic blog share!

Posted by dreamzinfrafantastic | April 26, 2012, 2:46 am
  66. Waita go, lady! That is a lot of mileage… and GO Alberta, nonetheless. I like the pictures and mileage chart. haha wait to bring Alberta to FRESHLY PRESSED! Congrats :)

Posted by Vania | April 26, 2012, 2:55 am
  67. wow…!!!! it’s very cool trip. I am also going to o this. and the pics are very nice.

Posted by real estate in Bangalore for sale | April 26, 2012, 3:02 am
  68. hey congratzzzzzzzzz for the successful trip and i love your photo.
    thanks for sharing.

Posted by flats in bangalore | April 26, 2012, 3:44 am
  69. lovely place..

Posted by awaibali | April 26, 2012, 5:15 am
  70. Reblogged this on alvin donovan travel blog and commented:
    love this cycling blog

Posted by alvindonovan | April 26, 2012, 8:32 am
  71. You’re one tough person. My brother lives in that part of the world. Love the photos. Wish I can visit him there someday. (^_^)

Posted by The LensMaster | April 26, 2012, 9:45 am
  72. An impressive cycling accomplishment. Enjoy being Freshly Pressed!

Posted by Huffygirl | April 26, 2012, 10:36 am
  73. So excited to see this post! I’m from Alberta but live in Texas now. I lived in Calgary for a handful of years. I wish you well on your adventure!

Posted by midnitechef | April 26, 2012, 10:46 am
  74. A friend has been talking about riding from Alaska to California, I thought she was mad, but now that I read this it actually sounds doable!! Great pictures and thanks for sharing!!

Posted by joyfulrhapsody | April 26, 2012, 11:22 am
  75. What a fantastic trip!! The Prairies should be fun after getting through the Rockies! ;) As a bicycle-riding Canadian living abroad I’ll really enjoy following your journey!

Posted by Melissa | April 26, 2012, 12:07 pm
  76. Amazing adventure and great accomplishments! Thanks for sharing!

Posted by Anje Vela | April 26, 2012, 12:22 pm
  77. Loved the post, and congratulations on your freshly pressed!

Posted by Richard McCargar | April 26, 2012, 1:32 pm
  78. Must’ve been an amazing trip! And you’ve got lots of nice photos there :)

Posted by areedhel | April 26, 2012, 1:57 pm
  79. Great story! Congrats on the incredible journey!

Posted by Tim Mushey | April 26, 2012, 2:01 pm
  80. Color me jealous! But happy you are doing this and sharing it!!!!

Posted by Chatter Master | April 26, 2012, 2:02 pm
  81. Wow, I think it would be an amazing experience to bike across the country… The beautiful sites, the different people. Sounds great to me! (: I wonder if it’s possible to put a unique spin on it to make it your own.

Posted by Two Troublesome K9s | April 26, 2012, 2:18 pm
  82. That sounded fun!

Posted by Azure James | April 26, 2012, 2:30 pm
  83. DId you all ride around the oil rigs out there working in the oil sands?

Posted by ⚜ NOLA Man Blog ⚜ | April 26, 2012, 2:58 pm
  84. holiday fun! I also have been in Calgary years ago and fell in love

(willowideas.wordpress.com)

Posted by willowideas | April 26, 2012, 5:00 pm
  85. Sounds fantastic! A friend and I are cycling from Jasper to Vancouver this summer and we are stoked :)

Posted by walktrotcycle | April 26, 2012, 5:01 pm
  86. Good for you! When you get old like my husband and me, you’ll think you’ve accomplished something by going around America in a Prius at age 80. We started out in February of ’10 heading along the north shore of Lake Superior to Thunder Bay and that was great.Took a picture of the statue of Terry Fox.

Posted by Margaret Kell Virany | April 26, 2012, 5:11 pm
  87. nice captures…lovely!

Posted by sloppy buddhist | April 26, 2012, 8:26 pm
  88. What a wonderful achievement. I always wanted to ride across the USA but never had the courage to do it. My son did, however. I can’t imagine riding across the wide part of North America, it would take forever. I have taken several one week trips in essor places and loved the experiences along the way.
    When did you have time to take the gorgeous pictures with all the spinning you had to do?
    I visited Calgary a few years ago, I love Calgary.

Posted by Grumpa Joe | April 26, 2012, 9:24 pm
  89. Reblogged this on 幻十三.

Posted by 幻十三 | April 26, 2012, 9:38 pm
  90. Sounds like it was an amazing adventure, love the photos too :-)

Posted by Tara | April 26, 2012, 10:21 pm
  91. The pics are great. Canada has such beautiful country …

Posted by respectfullywritten | April 27, 2012, 12:44 am
  92. I love the detailed descriptions. Almost feels like I’m pedaling alongside!

Posted by Jodi | April 27, 2012, 5:38 am
  93. This is really a good work. I appreciate your efforts behind that.
    Congratulations on being Freshly Pressed!

Posted by lijiujiu | April 27, 2012, 6:50 am
  94. nice pic’s like it very much…

Posted by Real Estate | April 27, 2012, 8:07 am
  95. Great read and brilliant pictures.Looks like you had an incredible time. :-)

Posted by apoetsjournal | April 27, 2012, 9:10 am
  96. Great to see your blog on Freshly Pressed! Congrats and keep it coming — I’m planning a cycling trip from Canmore to Nordegg, AB for June and you just reminded me how important it’ll be to pack tools and spare tubes in case of flats :)

Posted by JuliaK | April 27, 2012, 10:37 am
  97. Cool!

By the way, does your city arrange Critical Mass? I’m just back from Critical Mass in Dhaka. Here’s a few pics and more about it on my blog: http://aisjournal.com/2012/04/27/coming-back-from-critical-mass-8-in-dhaka-what-it-was-what-was-there/

Posted by Sajib | April 27, 2012, 11:17 am
  98. Good blog, yet I ache just reading it. Congrats on FP. I stick to my garden…check it out! ;-)

Posted by home, garden, life | April 27, 2012, 12:03 pm
  99. Wow, I had to scroll so much (シ)
    Compliments on your site, wonderful photos to witness a wonderful experience!
    And congrats because you are featured on Freshly Pressed!

Posted by ElStellino | April 27, 2012, 2:31 pm
  100. All the best for the rest of the trip. keep the ginger ale handy

Posted by AdiPrakash | April 28, 2012, 4:34 am
  101. Wow, what a beautiful journey. Thank you for sharing it and Congrats on Freshly Pressed, well deserved!

Posted by Jennifer Avventura | April 28, 2012, 4:42 am
  102. wonderful snaps, lovely

Posted by Saudi Prices Blog | April 28, 2012, 6:01 am
  103. Amazing journey…has got me just a little bit jealous,

Posted by Darren | April 28, 2012, 10:42 am
  104. Congrats on being FP – You DESERVE It!!!

Posted by cravesadventure | April 28, 2012, 8:04 pm
  105. Reblogged this on crisp clean clear and commented:
    i always enjoy cycling touring. distance is huge in canada. the elements can tasking. very nice read.

Posted by dfmw | April 28, 2012, 10:15 pm
  106. Reblogged this on worlwidenews.

Posted by 3gza | April 28, 2012, 11:26 pm
  107. My hat off Anita!!!

Posted by Sartenada | April 29, 2012, 4:57 am
  108. Amazing stuff! I’m heading to western Canada in August for 10 days – Calgary/Banff/Vancouver – and really looking forward to it. The driving seems intimidating enough but by cycling you have my upmost respect! Great blog and pictures :-)

Posted by Jonny | April 29, 2012, 10:23 am
  109. Reblogged this on newfoundlandtraveller and commented:
    A good friend of mine, Madonna Hewitt, cycled across Canada, and I admire her tenacity in doing this long trip. I want to share this with my followers and friends.

Posted by Newfoundland Traveller | April 29, 2012, 11:23 am
    • Thank you. I love to hear of others who have done the trip – it is not for everyone, yet I am in awe of the variety of people who embark on this adventure. I have heard of people post knee replacement doing it, as well as people of all ages.

Posted by Anita Mac | April 29, 2012, 12:59 pm
      • This is a remarkable experience. I’d like to go on a trip across Spain, and enjoy the walk. I’ve travelled across Canada several times but never biked or walked it.

Posted by Newfoundland Traveller | April 29, 2012, 1:12 pm
      • A walk along the Camino de Santiago in Spain is on my bucket list. While I have heard you can ride it, I think walking is the way to go.

Posted by Anita Mac | April 29, 2012, 4:55 pm
  110. The pictures of the prairies made me homesick. ( I’m form Medicine Hat, Alberta) Bravo for making this trip!

Posted by Darlene | April 29, 2012, 12:20 pm
  111. Lots of luck on your journey! Beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing, I miss this scenery sometimes (from the Prairies)…

Posted by lvbaby | April 29, 2012, 12:28 pm
  112. I want to get a trike so BAD!!! I rode a sweet tadpole. And I would love to try to ride somewhere.

Wayne

Posted by Wayne | April 29, 2012, 4:47 pm
  113. Wow! You are amazing! Congratulations on being Freshly Pressed! You absolutely deserve it!

Posted by Madhu | April 30, 2012, 1:04 am
  114. I am what is referred to as a Caniwi – a Canadian New Zealander. My family moved to New Zealand in 1971 and I have been back twice to live; once in Vancouver/Bamff and the second time was Toronto. I miss Canada everyday even tho I have lived in NZ for ever. I am coming back again with my daughter and can’t wait. You guys should bike through my beautiful country. it rocks! Your blog is just amazing.

Posted by suestopford | April 30, 2012, 6:11 am
  115. Very inspiring! I wish I had it in me to attempt something like this.

Posted by outdoorcanvas | April 30, 2012, 11:03 am
  116. Your photos are absolutly gorgeous! You make me want to hop on my bike and just go! Maybe I will…:)

Posted by jogginhappy | April 30, 2012, 2:29 pm
  117. Breathtaking! The energy level that shines in your work is brilliant!

Posted by tincantraveler | May 1, 2012, 10:56 am
  118. Good job on the cycling! The photos are nice!

Posted by blogoriginator | May 3, 2012, 3:47 am
  119. Great awesome pic’s like it very much…

Posted by dreamz infra | May 28, 2012, 2:21 am

1. Pingback: De bicicleta pelo Canadá - April 25, 2012

2. Pingback: Cycling Across Canada | traveldestinationbucketlist - May 6, 2012

3. Pingback: 1 Year and going strong « traveldestinationbucketlist - August 23, 2012

4. Pingback: » De bicicleta pelo Canadá - Os Melhores da Net - September 27, 2012