travel, USA, Weekend Getaways

The Color Run

Have you ever heard of the color run?  I am not a runner, so clearly this was news to me.   I am however always looking for a reason to get out there and see new places, try new things, so why not???

(Editor’s note – Run was a blast – check out the New England Color Run review and photos)

photo courtesy of The Color Run’s official website.

There are a number of US destinations for the Color Run  and I have narrowed it down to 3 choices – Philly, Boston or NYC – what’s a girl to do?  Have to decide this weekend and book it.

They appear to only have 3 simple rules:

RACE RULES
Rule #1
 All participants are welcome… fast, slow, runner, walker, old, and young.
Rule #2 White shirt dress code at the official start line and ready to roll.
Rule #3 Completely colored Willy Wonka goodness at the finish.
Think I can handle those rules!    The only thing left to do is pick my race of choice…..

photo courtesy of The Color Run’s official website.

Sites that talk about the colour run:

Official site:  thecolorrun.com

Check out the YouTube video – how can this not be fun!!!

The blog where i first came across the run:  5-fun-races-that-will-set-you-off-running by incurablystircrazy.

Bewellphilly

HelloBrit

Blonde Episodes

So – it is official – have signed up for the Boston Color Run – looks like it will be a hoot!

39 thoughts on “The Color Run

1. That’s awesome! I’m going to check it out and see if my family can get in on a little color too! I love it!

Posted by kdevries | April 14, 2012, 10:02 am
  2. Looks like a blast!

Posted by blisstravelsnews | April 14, 2012, 10:03 am
    • Doesn’t it!!! I almost want to do more than one – but will have to limit myself as I have so many adventures planned for the summer!

Posted by Anita Mac | April 14, 2012, 10:05 am
      • It’s so hard to pick between the fun thing you’ve done and loved, and the new experience. I have the same problem myself, when I plan my “off time” in France –do we return to our favorites that never disappoint (and that we would miss if we didn’t see/do) or do we branch out and find something new that might be equally fun! Tough stuff LOL.

Posted by blisstravelsnews | April 14, 2012, 10:27 am
  3. Looks like a fun time:) Happy Saturday!

Posted by cravesadventure | April 14, 2012, 4:09 pm
  4. I’m running it at the end of July. I am so excited! I just wish it wasn’t so expensive. :/

Posted by Nurse on the Run | April 14, 2012, 4:20 pm
  5. This sounds amazing – I can’t wait until I can run!

Posted by readytochangenow | April 15, 2012, 12:02 am
  6. Good shot!

Posted by themofman | April 15, 2012, 9:27 am
  7. I’ve really enjoyed your blog, and I’ve nominated you for the Sunshine Award! Please go to http:/wp.me/p26NKC-hD for more information. Thanks for the travels and all the great pictures! Congratulations.

Posted by Faithrises | April 15, 2012, 12:53 pm
  8. hilarious :)

Posted by Jenny Trozell | April 15, 2012, 1:15 pm
  9. This looks so cool! I’m not a runner either, but this one seems like it would be fun – plus, I need to get in shape! I checked out their website, but it didn’t say if they had any runs in Europe – especially Madrid, where I’m located. Do you know if they do? Would love to participate but won’t be in the States for awhile.

Posted by Palm Trees & Bare Feet | April 15, 2012, 4:51 pm
    • I believe at this stage they only have the US – I was looking for a destination in Canada but couldn’t find one! They do have a spot on their site where people can suggest locations. Not sure if they are looking to expand as far as Europe. Madrid would be an awesome city – hope to visit one day!

Posted by Anita Mac | April 17, 2012, 7:30 am
  10. I never heard of the Color Run!! Sounds like so much fun!!! Thanks for the post.

Posted by Virginia | April 16, 2012, 12:08 pm
  11. this looks like a ton of fun, at least to be standing on the sidelines and watching the craziness.

Posted by jaurbanphoto | April 17, 2012, 10:52 am
  12. This is a new run to me too – and I’m thinking it’s not a marathon. Anything that’s fun that get’s people moving sounds like a great idea to me. Hard to pick a city – they’re all winners.

Posted by Leigh McAdam (@hikebiketravel) | April 17, 2012, 11:44 am
  13. I guess. Better than wasting food, like throwing tomatoes at each other. (I actually hate massive food fights, it is a tremendous waste of food.) Can you imagine a fun bike ride running through puddles of colour? OOOh, sorry some cyclists wouldn’t want their $3,000 carbon bike tainted. :)

Posted by Jean | April 19, 2012, 8:17 pm
    • Yeah – may not want to get all that paint powder in my bike – but I am sure I can live with it on my shoes! Hope the camera survives – I will be bringing my point and shoot on the run for sure!

Posted by Anita Mac | April 21, 2012, 3:59 pm
  14. This sounds so cool!! What a great way to have fun!

Posted by janicedoty | April 20, 2012, 8:24 am
  15. I signed up for this a few weeks ago (a friend invited me to go with her). It sounds like great fun. We’re not runners either, by the way. We’ll probably walk it. :)

Posted by Robin | April 27, 2012, 5:09 pm
  16. Several of my friends participated in the run this year in Austin! I’m hoping to do it next year! Such great shots! :)

Posted by tarapappas | May 7, 2012, 11:35 pm
  17. How wonderfully ‘barking’! ….who cleans up after? ;-)

Posted by Kathryn | June 8, 2012, 4:43 pm