Mexico, Monday Morning Photos

Monday Morning Series – Cancun Mexico

Spring Break is officially here – no doubt the resorts and bars of Cancun, Mexico are over flowing with holiday makers and families escaping the last cold weeks of winter.  This tranquil beach scene is from the Hilton Cancun resort.  Doesn’t it look inviting!

Happy Monday morning.

18 thoughts on “Monday Morning Series – Cancun Mexico

1. I wouldn’t mind hanging out in Cancun today, sipping on a ice cold fruity drink. Beautiful shot, Anita. It looks like an open invitation to come sit a spell. Wish I could. :)

Posted by orples | March 12, 2012, 9:04 am
  2. I would love to start my day with a view like this :D Is it expensive to stay in Cancun? :)

Posted by wolke205 | March 12, 2012, 9:26 am
    • I think you really get what you pay for – you can stay at very expensive all inclusives or find something a little more affordable. This photo was taken from the Hilton – definitely on the nicer end of the scale. I also spend a few days at a less expensive place – but it was not very nice – fairly run down and dirty…..every morning I would pack up my beach bag and walk down to the Hilton – after having been there all week, I fit right in and knew all the staff…no one gave me a hard time! They even let me use their towels!

Posted by Anita Mac | March 13, 2012, 8:18 am
  3. I will be dreaming about going there all day…the color of the water is striking.

Posted by readytochangenow | March 12, 2012, 10:24 am
  4. All I need is a mocktail and a swimsuit and I am ready :D
    What a gorgeous shot!

Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru
    Latest: Rich Sticky Date Pudding w/ Butterscotch Sauce

Posted by Choc Chip Uru | March 12, 2012, 1:53 pm
  5. I could seriously lounge there – ha! Thanks for sharing and Happy Monday!

Posted by cravesadventure | March 12, 2012, 2:01 pm
  6. Meditation…relaxation! Just the picture helps and is crisp and comfy! Enjoy the warmth.

Posted by brain injury self rehabilitation (BISR) | March 12, 2012, 3:17 pm
  7. I would love to be sipping a cocktail right there ocean side! Although our weather in the Midwest is quite nice right now, I could always use a beach day. I absolutely adore the ocean :-)

Posted by f-stop mama | March 12, 2012, 4:41 pm
  8. I’ve been to Cancun a few times. The beaches are so beautiful. My favourite restaurant there was Captain’s Cove where you could watch crocodiles come right upto the pontoon where you ate!

I just find down town Cancun so tacky though… Nice to see once, but I wouldn’t want to honeymoon there-I’d prefer to go to a less tacky part of Mexico for a really special/romantic break. Cancun is bags of fun though :)

Posted by Emma's Bucket List | March 13, 2012, 6:03 pm
    • I have only been to Cancun once – was interesting to spend a weekend wandering around but that was enough. Never made it to Captain’s Cove, but I like the sounds of it! Next Mexican adventure – Mayan Riviera – looking forward to a few days of R&R!

Posted by Anita Mac | March 14, 2012, 8:12 am
      • sounds lovely! When we went to Cancun the first time it was our first getaway as a couple without our then baby, so we went put to Coco Bongos etc which was fun, but verrrry touristy. The second time was when our daughter was 2 and we took her with us and visited

Posted by Emma's Bucket List | March 14, 2012, 10:42 am