Around Ottawa

Neighbourhood Nomad

Neighborhood Nomad’s Kate Barrett Gallery has embarked on a fantastic project – bringing hometown accounts of cities and what makes them special to the people who live there, and is bringing these sociological findings to her readers through her blog:  Neighborhood Nomad.

“Are you a neighborhood nomad? Do you have stories to tell about how you decided to live where you do? What makes your hometown the place you call home? What are the best things about your neighborhood? What about its pulse?

Neighborhood Nomad plans to regularly post interviews with its readers in hopes of learning more about the power of place and examining why we find certain places so liveable. Fill out the form below to contact me. I look forward to featuring your stories of your hometowns on Neighborhood Nomad.”

I was privileged to share my hometown – Ottawa.  Needless to say, I am hometown proud and happy to share the Ottawa I know and love!  Neighborhood Nomad: Anita of Ottawa

For more Ottawa posts – click here.

10 thoughts on “Neighbourhood Nomad

1. Thanks for sharing – Have a Great Weekend!

Posted by cravesadventure | March 9, 2012, 10:42 pm
  2. Ottawa is such a charming place!

Posted by London Caller | March 10, 2012, 8:21 am
  3. I looked at the site…and decided that I have problems finding time to create new blog posts, much less contribute a guest post for someone else’s blog.

I’ve always enjoyed Ottawa. We’ve cycled there and around the area several times when we lived in Toronto.

I have 2 cities as home: Calgary and Vancouver. My heart is in Vancouver. The next city would be Toronto since I lived there for over 25 yrs. and still have family. I suddenly realized a few months ago, I hardly have any neighbourhood stories of Toronto and I think the city offers a great deal.

One day I’ll write up about the regional differences in living in these 3 major cities, strung out across Canada.

Posted by Jean | March 10, 2012, 11:44 am
  4. Thanks so much for participating, Anita! I’ve loved learning more from you about Ottawa!

Posted by Neighborhood Nomad | March 10, 2012, 1:06 pm
  5. You represented Ottawa very well!

Posted by PC PHOTO | March 12, 2012, 6:54 pm
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog Anita. I love Ottawa as well, it’s such a charming city specially during winters! Thanks for sharing.

Posted by WalkingwithBullu | March 14, 2012, 3:13 pm