Asia, Monday Morning Photos, Thailand

Monday Morning Series – Elephant Bath Time in Thailand

In Ontario, today is Family Day.  I thought a family photo would be appropriate for the Monday Morning Series.  Introducing, Elephant Bath Time in Thailand.

I spent some time on the River Kwai while in Thailand.  We stayed on river rafts and had an opportunity to ride elephants.  Every day the family of elephants would have a scrub down in the river – bath time!

Happy Monday Morning.

26 thoughts on “Monday Morning Series – Elephant Bath Time in Thailand

1. Reblogged this on Echevarria Travel and commented:
    If you want to go to Asia, or even Africa, Echevarria Travel can get you there, this is posted by a fellow friend on wordpress. Hope you enjoy it.

Posted by angeldn3 | February 20, 2012, 8:19 am
  2. I love your postings, they are awesome.

Posted by angeldn3 | February 20, 2012, 8:19 am
  3. Very cool idea. And a great photo!

Posted by blisstravelsnews | February 20, 2012, 8:23 am
  4. It was tonnes of fun – the elephants were such flirts! Tickle your knee caps for bananas and treats. Bath time was a hoot to watch.

Posted by Anita Mac | February 20, 2012, 8:44 am
  5. How cute is that? Looks like fun.

Posted by orples | February 20, 2012, 10:18 am
  6. Oh, I’d love to meet elephants someday! Great image! :)

Posted by KatiesCameraBlog | February 20, 2012, 11:23 am
  7. Definately looks like fun….. for the elephants. Imagine having to wash one yourself. I suspect the elephants help a little. Don’t do this if you don’t want to get wet!!!!! Thank you for this Monday photo. Lovely.

Posted by katehobbs | February 20, 2012, 12:49 pm
  8. Love this photo! What fun. Thanks for the Monday photo to keep me smiling the rest of the week. :-)

Posted by f-stop mama | February 20, 2012, 5:31 pm
  9. Family day is an Ontario thing? I thought it was country wide!

Posted by 2 Rivers Photos | February 20, 2012, 8:50 pm
  10. Great photo! After visiting Thailand, and bathing an elephant I love those creatures. They are gentle giants.

Posted by Travel Teacher | February 21, 2012, 8:57 am
  11. I love this picture!!! I want to get close to an elephant!!

Posted by Virginia | February 21, 2012, 8:21 pm
  12. Meeting elephants must have been so cool!

Posted by Lauren | February 21, 2012, 8:30 pm
  13. LOVE IT – Thanks for sharing:)

Posted by cravesadventure | February 22, 2012, 6:49 pm
  14. What an experience!

Posted by PC PHOTO | February 23, 2012, 8:35 am
  15. This looks like fun!

#Sharing We created a video for our London Fashion Week AW12 coverage including backstage, do have a look:

Posted by Farrukh | March 5, 2012, 7:21 am
  16. Aw wow! I see why you liked my post now… Did you see all of the comments underneath though? It made me so sad, and I think I would probably not ride an elephant again as a result…

Posted by Emma's Bucket List | March 13, 2012, 5:51 pm
    • I hear what you are saying – it was sad to see them rather thin. On the other hand, I saw no signs of mistreatment where we were staying and I am guessing the money goes a long way towards feeding the family who managed the river raft place that I stayed. I remain torn on the issue – but my childhood love of elephants and the excitement over getting to ride and feed them won out!

Posted by Anita Mac | March 14, 2012, 8:15 am

1. Pingback: Travel By The Alphabet: T « Shutter bug - August 14, 2012

2. Pingback: Monday Morning Series: Making friends in Thailand « Travel Destination Bucket List - February 18, 2013