Prague, Wine

Not your standard Cave: Prague

While wandering around the streets of Prague, feet weary from all the touristing, we happened to stumble across the most magnificent find….for the more adventurous thrill seekers – this is not your cave! This is for the wine buff – a fine purveyor of quality drinks indeed!

For the wine and cognac lovers – a delightful find worthy of your time!  Introducing U Stare Studny.

We couldn’t believe our luck when we stumbled upon this magnificent wine bar.  Having finished dinner elsewhere in town, we were looking for a little something to finish out the night.  We were absolutely delighted with what we found.  We meandered down to the cave and ordered a flight of cognac (for him) and a flight of Pineau (for me).  Our server explained our flights, his english was ok – not great, but that didn’t matter.  The atmosphere and the flavours of our drinks were more important.  After finishing our respective flights, we actually each selected a glass and relaxed and looked through the wine cellar of bottles available for sale.  Great selection – wish we were in town longer so that we could have actually taken a bottle back to the hotel.  Another time!  It was great to get away from all the tourists for the evening and sit in such a relaxed atmosphere.

Tasting notes for the Pineau

Once inside, U Stare Studny, feels like a million miles away from the hustle and bustle of Prague’s tourist frenzy, yet is only a few blocks from the Charles Bridge, south of the Mala Strana tram station.  Go down into the cellar -U Stare Studny is not your standard cave!

If you enjoyed this post, you may also enjoy

15 thoughts on “Not your standard Cave: Prague

1. What a great hidden treasure!

Posted by cravesadventure | January 13, 2012, 11:59 am
  2. Sounds like you are enjoying your trip to Prague and I am enjoying living vicariously through your post :-)

Posted by f-stop mama | January 13, 2012, 7:27 pm
  3. Very cool Anita!

Posted by Steve | January 14, 2012, 1:18 am
  4. Sounds like quite the find! kudos

Posted by TheWorldOrBust | January 14, 2012, 9:19 am
  5. Very nice, hopefully I can check this out when I go to the Czech Republic for the ICS in 2013. It’s in Brno but a stop over in Prague might be in order :)

Posted by thecaptainnemo | January 16, 2012, 12:19 pm
  6. Sounds wonderful! Wish I’d known about this place last Summer. Hopefully, I’ll find myself again in Prague and can check this out for myself

Posted by shallowpocketslucy | January 17, 2012, 8:23 am
  7. I had a wonderufl weekend in Prague many years ago and hope to go back one day. I’ll have to hunt this down if I do. Kat :-)

Posted by Kathryn | January 21, 2012, 4:01 pm
  8. Prague sounds awesome! I really wish I drank so I could appreciate this more…

Posted by The Hook | January 25, 2012, 1:50 pm

1. Pingback: The Golden Wheel, Prague: Hotel Review « traveldestinationbucketlist - June 5, 2012

2. Pingback: Prague’s Astronomical Clock « traveldestinationbucketlist - June 6, 2012

3. Pingback: TDBL Roundup – March 2013 | Travel Destination Bucket List - March 31, 2013