Around Ottawa, Canada, Gatineau Park, Postcards from....

Postcard from Gatineau Park: cross country skiing

Winter has finally come – the snow is here!  Gatineau Park is full of skiers, smiles brimming from ear to ear!  I got out for my second ski of the season, running into friends all over the park.  With the sun shining in the morning, made for some great winter time pictures.  Can’t wait to get back out there this morning – we are so lucky in the Ottawa area to have such a great place to get out and enjoy ourselves!  Happy skiing everyone.

For ski condition and grooming updates in Gatineau Park- click here.

If you liked this post, you may also like:

A Walk in the Woods – Gatineau Park

12 thoughts on “Postcard from Gatineau Park: cross country skiing

1. I like the layout of your pictures. What did you use to present them that way? I’m reviewing an app this week that creates a really simple collage, so I think I have that on my mind. What you’ve done here looks really nice.

Posted by kdevries | January 8, 2012, 1:38 pm
    • Thanks – the layout is something I saw on someone else’s blog and loved it. It is part of iPhoto ’11. I love the simplicity of the layouts it can create, although I am not a fan of some of the changes in iPhoto 11. My desktop computer at home is an iMac – love it – it has the previous iPhoto. When I picked up my MacBook Air – it came with the newer version. I was so excited to be able to make simple montages – but what I have to do is email them to myself from the laptop – I don’t want to upgrade the Mac’s iPhoto. It has a number of collage layouts available – so far I have only really used 2! Hope that helps.

Posted by Anita Mac | January 8, 2012, 5:37 pm
  2. Love the pictures…..enjoy!

Posted by travelwithlaughter | January 8, 2012, 1:42 pm
  3. Thank you for liking my post about Salzburg.

Nice pictures! Enjoy skiing!

Posted by bevchen | January 8, 2012, 3:30 pm
  4. Guess I am a lazy skier because downhill has always appealed to me because cross country seems to be more work, lol. Love the postcard.

Posted by PC PHOTO | January 8, 2012, 7:24 pm
    • Nonsense – downhill skiing can be more work – I guess it depends where you are living! When I returned to Canada (lived in Australia for many years) I thought I would downhill all the time! I discovered Gatineau Park and became hooked – they have so many trails to choose from, no crowds and no lift lines – it started as the “easy” choice – but developed into a passion! May hit the downhill slopes again – but will stick to the cross country for now! Happy skiing, no matter what style!

Posted by Anita Mac | January 9, 2012, 8:55 am
  5. If we ever get snow I’ll have to dust off my skis now that I have a good vehicle for driving in the snow :)

Posted by thecaptainnemo | January 10, 2012, 4:48 pm
  6. Reminds me so much of my winter adventures. Canada is a place I so want to visit someday.

Posted by apoetsjournal | February 4, 2012, 12:05 pm

1. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Winter « Shutter bug - January 9, 2012

2. Pingback: Travel By The Alphabet: G « Shutter bug - June 28, 2012

3. Pingback: Waiting for the snow to fall « traveldestinationbucketlist - December 18, 2012

4. Pingback: Earth Day Tribute: 4 seasons in Gatineau Park | Shutter bug - April 22, 2013