Postcards from...., Prague

New Year’s Eve Celebrations in Prague

New Year’s celebrations in Prague are a sight to behold!  The Old Town Centre was electric with revellers young and old, excited to be welcoming in the new year.

The main event is the fireworks over Charles Bridge.  The hour beforehand saw fireworks going off on the bridge, down the river and over the castle.  The night was alive as champagne and mulled wine flowed throughout the city and tourists and locals alike wandered through the streets of town!

Something I will always remember – the night of New Year’s Celebrations in Prague.

13 thoughts on “New Year’s Eve Celebrations in Prague

1. These are fantastic photos. I saw in the new year in Edinburgh, where the fireworks were spectacular, but I wasn’t able to catch shots even half as good as yours! All the best for 2012!

Posted by mikanqueen | January 2, 2012, 8:47 am
    • Thanks – I took about 100 to get those! We also headed out a little early to scope out where the pros were taking their shots. Turns out the city had a fenced in area for professional photographers with credentials! I am not credentialed and had to be a fair distance from where they were! Lucky for me, Peter acted as a blocker for me – as the crowd got bigger, I was worried they would knock over my tripod – so he stood beside me to prevent that from happening!
      Check out Digital Photography School – I used their tips when setting up.
      After I had taken that many shots, I actually turned my camera off so that I could just enjoy the rest! I figured, if I didn’t get some good ones in that series, taking 100 more wasn’t going to help! Was so exciting to be there – I just love fireworks! Glad I got to take pictures and stand back and watch!

Posted by Anita Mac | January 3, 2012, 4:52 pm
  2. We went to Australia for the turning of the millennium and they shot the fireworks off over the Harbor Bridge. It was such a great experience to be in another country for the celebration. I’m glad you got to do that in Prague. I definitely want to go there someday! Happy new year.

Posted by kdevries | January 2, 2012, 10:44 am
    • Oh – I love the Sydney fireworks – I really think they are the best in the world! I was lucky to be there for the turn to the year 2000 show – just amazing! Prague was totally worth it – hope you get to go!

Posted by Anita Mac | January 3, 2012, 4:53 pm
  3. …happy New Year from Croatia…

Posted by Ianus Christius | January 2, 2012, 5:04 pm
  4. I nominated you for the the Kreativ Blogger Award today :-)

Posted by readytochangenow | January 5, 2012, 1:30 pm
  5. Great pictures! Looks like you had a great time ringing in 2012! Best wishes for your 2012!

Posted by jdlarkin | January 6, 2012, 5:15 am
  6. Awesome pics! I made some videos, but from the hill it wasnt as clear as what you have done. Great Job!

Posted by Katka | January 7, 2012, 9:16 am

1. Pingback: How To Photograph Fireworks « traveldestinationbucketlist - July 3, 2012

2. Pingback: Savouring the flavours of Prague – mulled wine in the winter « traveldestinationbucketlist - July 14, 2012