Caribbean, Jamaica, Meandering thoughts

A Photo Shoot Took Over My Beach

I had my favourite corner of the resort pegged out for the week.  I wandered over in the morning to get the perfect spot under the beach umbrella at Sunset Cove (already you know that this is a great beach, just by the name!!!), when a security guard blocked my way!  What – how can this be, my last day in Jamaica and a photo shoot took over my beach!  After one week, it is my beach afterall!!!  Squatters rights, right?

I was politely asked to sit on the part of the beach not being used, and when I tried to push the envelope and grab a chair a couple over, under the umbrella, politely asked once again to move! At first I was indignant – how could they do this on the last day of my trip – I worked hard to earn this vacation!  It had been fun all week to watch the film and camera crew move throughout the resort, filming breakfast, the nightly shows and various locations around the resort – but my favourite spot!!!!  Oh – how rude!

I plunked myself down, giving slightly dirty looks in the general direction of cast and crew!  After a while, I relaxed – it was fun to watch them work!  It wasn’t Hollywood, so no recognizable people and a much more laid back photo shoot.  I watched at the models frolicked up and down the beach, goofing around between takes and do the same thing over and over again until the director was happy.  Some of the models, when not being filmed, would wander up to the bar to grab a drink.

The shoot took a fair bit longer than the security guard suggested, and soon the hotel guests were spilling into the space reserved for the shoot.  They slowly wrapped up and moved on to other parts of the resort.  I have to say – the film crew did have excellent taste – after all, they took over my favourite beach!

My favourite beach – Sunset Cove, at Jamaica’s Grand Palladium.

8 thoughts on “A Photo Shoot Took Over My Beach

1. What a nice calm setting despite all the camera equipment :)

Posted by andy1076 | December 5, 2011, 10:30 am
  2. What a nice spot!
    Thanks for your support with my adventure! I appreciate it!
    Can you send me your email address? I’d like to ask you some questions about Peru.

Posted by Karyn | December 5, 2011, 9:01 pm
  3. Boy I could use that beach right now! Looks so inviting!! Thanks for the photos and story, Anita!

Posted by Steve | December 5, 2011, 9:54 pm
  4. You could have been an extra! It looks beautiful:)

Posted by lisat | December 6, 2011, 9:44 am
  5. I enjoyed your story, glad you made lemonade from the lemons that photo shoot presented! :)

Posted by PC PHOTO | December 6, 2011, 11:02 am
  6. Well, I certainly understand your agitation. The hotel could’ve at least bought you a few drinks for your inconvenience. The last day in paradise shouldn’t have to be shared with good looking models, frolicking and getting free drinks. Hope it was a good trip.

Posted by Barb | December 7, 2011, 3:34 am
    • It was a great trip! It was also an all-inclusive, so the drinks were already included! I was bummed at first – but it became interesting to watch them work. The models were funny during the down time as they goofed around on the beach and cat called each other!

Posted by Anita Mac | December 7, 2011, 8:14 am

1. Pingback: Missing the boat when Spiderman came to town! | Travel Destination Bucket List - August 2, 2013