Bucket List, Meandering thoughts, travel

5 Things I love about Travel

Since I was a little girl, I loved to travel.  It is a passion that has continued into adulthood and at times, been an obsession!  I have been fortunate to get out there and see the world. Here are 5 Things I love about travel

1.  Exploring new places

Exploring the sights in Bolivia

2.  Relaxing – no stress or obligations

Floating in Jamaica

3.  Stimulating and inspiring for all the senses

Mayan ruins in Mexico

4.  Food – trying something new or just revelling in the flavours

Lunch in Mallorca

Lunch in Mallorca – so many amazing flavours to choose from!

5.  People watching in cafes and town squares

People watching in Aix-en-Provence

What are the 5 things you love about travel?

14 thoughts on “5 Things I love about Travel

1. Another great aspect about travel that ties in closely with relaxation and people watching is that you get to be completely anonymous. You get to take in the scenery around you with a fresh outlook and no distractions!

Posted by Brent Darnell | November 15, 2011, 8:52 am
  2. Good philosophy of life and very good photographies, in addition your you are very nice…

Posted by 1cruzdelsur | November 15, 2011, 9:41 am
  3. What a great question. One part of travel that I love is the research. I love plotting and planning the next trip, reviewing restaurants and making sure I know what to see and do so I don’t miss out on anything. Having said that, I also love to wander around a city and get lost- you never know what you may find. I love reaquainting myself with the history of a country or place. I also love meeting new people. Top of the list for me is the food- I love exploring markets and finding little restaurants and experiencing new tastes. Like you, I just love to travel!!

Posted by jenny@atasteoftravel | November 15, 2011, 2:08 pm
  4. Beautiful images, and great reasons for travel too! Adventure, close to home or far away, revives the spirit and rejuvenates the soul. Great post!

Posted by Steve | November 15, 2011, 11:00 pm
  5. 2 – 1 – 4 – 3 – 5 would be my order of this post points. I really love the feeling where you only need to worry for having fun and enjoying the moment, where your biggest concern is if this new appetizer you are gonna have will cause you a stomachache or if just that was too much hiking for the day. Adding to number 5 I would say not just doing people watching but also having the change to talk and actually befriend with locals is also a great way to get connected to the real experience everywhere.

Posted by South America traveler | November 24, 2011, 12:05 pm
    • I couldn’t agree more – it is great to talk to the locals, meet and experience the cultures first hand through them! I have met so many wonderful people on my journeys – I am thrilled to have been able to travel, and hope that it continues for a long time yet!

Posted by Anita Mac | November 24, 2011, 1:25 pm

1. Experiencing different cultures
    2. Not worrying about your weight scale while eating
    3. Living in a world without worries
    4. Visiting natural beauty
    5. And finally the amazing food

Posted by sapphy03 | November 30, 2011, 9:24 am
  8. 1) Freedom to do whatever you want.
    2) Independence or Self-Reliance.
    3) Meet other like minded travellers.
    4) FOOD!!!
    5) Scenery and the beauty of the world captured by the click of your camera.

Posted by jeremytongclimbs | December 9, 2011, 8:57 am
    • I love #2 – needed to make the list bigger than 5! I have such great memories of sitting around a breakfast table in a Chilean hostel, talking to people from all around the world, each of us speaking in broken spanish and having a great time! Definitely the stuff travel memories are made of.

Posted by Anita Mac | December 9, 2011, 1:47 pm

1. Pingback: Monday Morning Series: See The World | Travel Destination Bucket List - August 19, 2013