Here I go – bucket list #1! This list changes almost as fast as day turns to night. I read an article or a blog about a trip or place that excites me, and I want to add it to the list! At this rate, I will have to live to be 300 and stop work right now. Needless to say, neither one of these things are going to happen. I have narrowed my list down to 20 (for now) and will daydream about everything else I would like to add! Some are more doable than others. This bucket list is focused on things I would love to do…..
Bucket List #1
1. Go on an African Safari
(photo from http://www.kenyanvacation.com)
2. Tandem sky diving
-I just couldn’t bring myself to jump alone!
3. Go dogsledding in the winter – dream came true January 2013 – check out Dog Sledding: the exhilaration of a day with the dogs
(photo from adventures Boreales)
4. Hot air balloon ride
(photo from Vancouver Balloon Rides)
5. Go up the Eiffel Tower
- I know it is a very touristy thing to do, but the Eiffel Tower is such an icon of France – I just have to do it.
6. Sleep in the Ice Hotel in Quebec
Check out Bound for Adventures post of her experience in an igloo – right up there with the ice hotel!
7. Ski inn-to-inn in Vermont
8. Paddle and play in Patagonia
9. Trek the Gokyo Lakes region of Nepal
10. Ride my bike around Australia (Sydney to Sydney)
- I have the entire route planned – only issue is finding someone to ride with! I did across Canada solo, but don’t think I want to tackle Australia on my own. Never the less, it would be a dream come true to do it!
11. Sail the Whitsundays in Australia
(photo from http://qldhotels.blogspot.com/2011/04/queenslands-2011-season-of-sailing-off.html)
12. Walk on the Great Wall of China
13. Climb Kilimanjaro
- another of the great peaks to climb
14. Do the Man from Snowy River horse ride in Australia
My sister and I were absolutely horse crazy. We watched this movie until we knew the words off by heart! Years later I learned that you can actually do this ride as a tourist in the Snowy River region. Have been dying to do it ever since!
15. Climb Uluru/Ayers Rock
16. Polar Bear Safari in Churchill, Manitoba
17. Hike the Atlas Mountains
18. See the fjords in Norway
(photo from Contiki tours)
19. Kayak in Baja/Belize/Croatia – looking for Dreamy Travel Destinations!
20. Cycle in Vietnam
21. Explore Chitwan National Park in Nepal
Can’t wait to get out there and see, do and experience it all! What would you do first? Love to hear your top choices – is it on the list or is there something else?