Caribbean, Jamaica, Live the photo

Live the photo: horse riding in Montego Bay, Jamaica

Jamaica adventure – horse riding in the Caribbean with Chukka Adventures.

The Background

Feel the power of your horse under you as he swims in the warm water of the Caribbean.  Enjoy the salt spray as you gallop along the beach at Sandy Bay.  This is Jamaica – welcome to Chukka Adventures.  The 2 1/2 hour guided tour with the knowledgable guides at Chukka take you through the rainforest and sugar plantations with picturesque mountain backdrops before guiding you and your steed into the Caribbean Sea.  It is a 2 1/2 hour tour well worth you time.  The water is warm and inviting, and the guides will keep you laughing as you meander through the rainforest, learning some of the history of the area.  This is Mo Bay – you’re gonna love it!  This trip gets a 2 thumbs up!  Would definitely do it again!  (Can you see the huge smile on my face!!!  That is me in the blue shirt on the grey horse – #3 in the line after the guide!!!)

Getting There

Chukka Adventures in Montego Bay will pick you up at your hotel and deliver you back once the ride is over.  They offer a fast and courteous service open to riders of all levels from beginners to advanced.  Other popular tours on offer include Zip Lines and ATV Safari.

Links and more information

For reservations or inquiries, contact Chukka Adventures.  Toll free from the USA 1-877-424-8552 or info@chukkacaribbean.com

Looking for a place to stay?  I stayed at The Grand Palladium, Montego Bay – minutes up the road from Chukka Adventures

18 thoughts on “Live the photo: horse riding in Montego Bay, Jamaica

1. Looks like a lot of fun! When I get the time to go somewhere I will need to borrow you as my tour guide.

Posted by kelly | September 8, 2011, 1:42 am
  2. I wish l’d done that when we visited Montego Bay last year! It looks like so much fun..

Posted by fedephoto | September 19, 2011, 11:14 am
  3. Great post! Sounds like you had more than just your typical ride on the beach! It’s great they were able to further into the lush rainforest and give you a bit of history along the way. I always love learning about other cultures.

Posted by Julia | November 22, 2011, 4:19 pm
    • It was an awesome ride! The tour operator company has loads of other activities – I had hoped to do a dry-land dog sledding trip this year, but sadly it wasn’t available when I could go! Guess I will just have to go back another time!

Posted by Anita Mac | November 22, 2011, 4:22 pm
  4. Shaman would never set a hoof in water ;) But for sure that s an unbelievable experience :) Wonderful photo!

Posted by wolke205 | January 31, 2012, 2:17 pm
    • My horse used to dump me in the water all the time – she was never a fan! Did manage to get her the river for a swim once – I think she liked it once we got in there! The ride in Jamaica was amazing – the water was a thousand times nicer than our river – would love to do it again!

Posted by Anita Mac | January 31, 2012, 2:28 pm
  5. Looks like fun.

Posted by Smith | June 11, 2012, 10:57 pm

1. Pingback: Live the photo: chillaxin’ in Montego Bay Jamaica « traveldestinationbucketlist - October 5, 2011

2. Pingback: Chillaxin’ pictures from Montego Bay « Shutter bug - October 6, 2011

3. Pingback: Grand Palladium, Montego Bay Jamaica: hotel review « traveldestinationbucketlist - October 21, 2011

4. Pingback: Jamaica me happy! | traveldestinationbucketlist - November 1, 2011

5. Pingback: Dunn’s River Falls | traveldestinationbucketlist - November 20, 2011

6. Pingback: An afternoon in Negril | traveldestinationbucketlist - November 23, 2011

7. Pingback: Grand Palladium, Montego Bay Jamaica: hotel review | traveldestinationbucketlist - January 9, 2012

8. Pingback: Pub Crawl on Horseback: adventures in the Australian Outback | traveldestinationbucketlist - January 27, 2012

9. Pingback: traveldestinationbucketlist - December 4, 2012

10. Pingback: Islands: A word a week photo challenge « traveldestinationbucketlist - February 2, 2013