Around Ottawa, Kayaking, Live the photo

Live the photo: Lac La Peche, Gatineau

Off the charts fun at Lac La Peche!

The Background

Who could resist coming back for more after a day like this!  A typical August afternoon in Lac La Peche can be anything but typical.  After a morning spent kayaking around Lac La Peche, with a lunch spent sunning on the rocks, who could resist taking the plunge!  This was a tough photo to take – I only had the one shot to catch the moment as my friends jumped off the rock to join me for a swim.  With legs furiously kicking, I tread water with my little hand held camera.  As you can see from everyone’s faces – everyone had a blast.  This day trip has inspired our merry band of adventure seekers to spend the upcoming long weekend kayak camping at Lac La Peche.

Getting There

Lac La Peche is approximately 1 hour from downtown Ottawa.

• From downtown, take one of the interprovincial bridges to Gatineau.
  • Follow Highway 5 North to the end (approximately 20 kms).  Turn left at the lights on Highway 105 (approximately 6 kms).
  • Turn left on Highway 366 West (approximately 12 kms).
  • In the village of Saint Francois-de-Marsham, turn left on Eardley Road (approximately 3 kms).
  • Turn right on Sincennes Road  and follow to lake.
  • Entrance fees to Lac La Peche apply.

Links and more information

Visit the Demsis site to book kayak/canoe camping sites or call 1 866 456 3016 for more information.

Kayak Camping in Lac La Peche

Kayaks and canoes are available on site for rental.

13 thoughts on “Live the photo: Lac La Peche, Gatineau

1. Great photo! You’ll have great fun there again I’m sure. Take more photos to share this time. Enjoy!

Posted by Trish | August 30, 2011, 9:55 pm
  2. Not sure I could have coordinated being able to take this picture! ;) Have fun!

Posted by Lola DiMarco | June 25, 2013, 12:18 pm
  3. This looks right up my alley! Also, great shot – love ho you captured the moment perfectly. :)

Posted by The World Wanderer (@TheWrldWanderer) | June 25, 2013, 5:10 pm
  4. Nice shot! Makes me want to do something like that. :D And how cool is the name Lac La Peche?

Posted by Pola (JettingAround) (@jettingaround) | June 26, 2013, 2:41 am
  5. A beautiful shot! I could use a little cooling jump in the water right about now.

Posted by Chris & Tawny (@CaptainandClark) | June 27, 2013, 2:35 am
  6. I love how happy these ladies look. So much fun!

Posted by Leah Travels (@L_e_a_h) | June 28, 2013, 9:06 pm
  7. Love this! What a happy moment!

Posted by Ana Silva O'Reilly (@mrsoaroundworld) | July 1, 2013, 4:49 am
  8. Looks like a great spot. I remember going to a place like that when I was a kid and thinking the rocks were soooo high over the water. I returned a few years ago and discovered them to be about as high as this one:)

Posted by D.J. - The World of Deej | July 1, 2013, 9:15 am

1. Pingback: Kayak Camping adventures in Lac La Peche « traveldestinationbucketlist - September 22, 2011

2. Pingback: Boys will be boys…. « Shutter bug - June 24, 2012

3. Pingback: 1 Year and going strong « traveldestinationbucketlist - August 23, 2012

4. Pingback: Earth Day Tribute: 4 seasons in Gatineau Park | Shutter bug - April 22, 2013